Chapter 20

“We’re ready to go!” Megan says to the boys when we finished getting ready. We had finished eating and then we changed our clothes to head over to Logan’s house. Logan was throwing a party tonight and we decided that we’d spend our last night here at the party. “Okay. But I guess we’ll all have to fit in one car.” Luke says, getting up from his seat and grabbing his car keys.  We were originally going to take two cars but James hasn’t returned from wherever he went. He was pretty upset when he left and none of us wanted to call him.

 “Okay. I mean, it’s not like there aren’t enough seats.”  Sierra says. “Yeah, I know but since we usually divide between James and my car, everyone usually has more room.” Luke says. “Well, I, Megan, and Sierra can sit in the back while Zack and Clark can sit in the middle seat.” Beth says. “Alright. Let’s get in and go then.” Megan says motioning for everyone to leave through the front door. “Here are the keys, I’ll be right out.” Luke says to me while handing me the keys to his car. I took the keys from him and he headed to his room. 

I turned to Sierra and handed her the keys before she stepped out of the house. “Here Unlock the car. We’ll be out in a minute.” I say to her. “Okay. What’s wrong?” she questions me. “Nothing. I just want to wait for him.” I tell her. She eyes me suspiciously but doesn’t say anything. She takes the keys from me and heads outside. I shut the front door and walked back to Luke’s room.  

When I got to the room, I stood by the door and watched Luke while he was on the phone. He was turned away from me so he probably didn’t notice I was watching him. “Hey James. I was just calling to see where you went. We’re heading the Logan’s right now so I guess we’ll meet you there. If not, we’ll try to not come back late. Well, I guess give me a call or send me a text when you get my message. Okay. Bye.” He says. He removes the phone from his ear and hangs up. 

He stood there for a second scrolling through his phone before turning around. When he turned around he noticed me and frowned. “I thought you were outside.” He says to me. “Nah. I wanted to wait for you.” I tell him. A slow smile spread across his face when I said that. He moved closer to me and grabbed my hands and pulled me towards him. 

“You look beautiful.” He says to me. This causes me to blush slightly. “Thanks. You don’t look too bad yourself.” I say back. He smiles and I step back from him. I hold my hand out to him and he takes my hand. “Let’s go before the girls get suspicious.” I tell him. He laughs and I begin leading him to the front door. I let go of his hand and we head out the front door to the car. When we got into the car, the engine was already running and everyone was ready to go.

We quickly got our seatbelts on and began our drive to Logan’s house. Although Logan’s house is not very far, we have to take our car because we’ll be heading to the beach on the other side of the island. We get to Logan’s house and we see that Logan was also getting ready to head to the beach. We pulled up right behind his car and he walked over to Luke’s window. Luke lowered the window and Logan and him began to talk.

“Hey man.” Luke says to Logan. “Hey Well, ya’ll came at the perfect time. I’m about to head over to the beach so ya’ll can just follow me.” He says to Luke. “Okay. Sounds good to me.” Luke says to Logan. “Hey.” I also greet Logan. “Hey Elena. Hey everyone.” He says greeting me and everyone else in the car. Everyone else said hi back but Megan practically shouted hey to Logan. I turned around in my seat and gave her the ‘wtf’ look. She smiled and pretended like she didn’t know what I was talking about. Logan smiled and specifically said hey to Megan. 

“Wait, where’s James?” Logan asks Luke. “Oh he had to go to the store or something. He’ll probably come later or something.” Luke answers him. “Oh. Alright then, I guess I’ll get into my car so we can get going.” Logan says walking towards his car. “Alright.” Luke says, rolling up his window. I turned to glance and Luke and notice that he was also glancing at me. I give him a small smile and he smiled back. “LET’S GO PARTY!!” Megan shouts from the back of the car, earning a few laughs from everyone. “Calm your tits woman!” Sierra says loudly. “What tits?” Beth says teasing Megan. We all begun to laugh once Beth made her comment. The ride to the beach was filled with laughter and excitement. Hopefully, tonight would be a good night.