Chapter 22

Author's note at the end of the Chapter!!

***RECAP***

In chapter 21, Elena and the girls are about to have a girls night. Elena goes to the kitchen to grab ice cream and she ends up talking to a semi-unconcious James. Then, she heads to Luke's room to get his car keys and things get a little hot and heavy. Elena tells Luke she's not ready for sex but he continues to pressure her. She slams the door in his face and Elena and the girls go out.

'We all put on some shoes and we walked towards the living room in our pajamas. “I can’t believe I’m going out looking like this.” Sierra said randomly. “Well, it’s not like your trying to impress anyone. You got you man right in there.” I said, pointing to the house. “I know but I still got to look good. What if my man wakes up when we walk back into the house later?” Sierra joked. “Shut up girl.” I said laughing. As soon as we got into the car, while everyone was buckling up, I turned towards the back seat and said “Oh, I got some stuff to tell ya’ll. I ended up talking to James in the kitchen and came this close to punching Luke in his face.” '

“Let’s go to Dairy Queen. They should still be open.” Beth suggests to me. We were driving around trying to find a place where we could get ice cream and relax. “Can you pull up a Dairy Queen on the GPS?” I ask Sierra. She turns on the GPS and finds the location of the nearest Dairy Queen. “Gracias, I mean, Grassyass.” I say to her. “Ha! Grassyass!” she says laughing. “Hey! Don’t steal my word!” Megan says to me. “Sorry” I say chuckling.

I followed the GPS and we finally arrive at the Dairy Queen. Unfortunately, this Dairy Queen was similar to the one in our neighborhood. There was no inside. You just order and take a seat on the bench surrounding the building. I pulled into a parking space and turned off the engine of the car. We all got out the car and headed over to the window to check out the menu.

“Ohhh, I know what I want! I want the Midnight Truffle Blizzard!” Beth said, getting ready to order. “Okay, I’m paying for everyone. I grabbed Luke’s wallet when I grabbed his keys.” I explained, pulling out his wallet. “Wait, did he say you can use his money?” Sierra asked me. “No, but he owes me. He pissed me off.” I stated, shrugging my shoulders. “Such a bad girl.” Megan joked.

We ordered our 4 blizzards, all large, and we decided to sit inside the car because we wanted to avoid the bugs that were flying around. I sat in the driver’s seat and turned so that I could see into the back where Beth and Megan were sitting. Sierra also did the same thing in her passenger seat. We ate in silence for a few minutes before one of us spoke up.

“So, are you gonna tell us what happened with James and Luke?” Sierra asked me. I swallowed the ice cream in my mouth and nodded. “Well, I went to the kitchen to grab the ice cream and while I was looking through the freezer, he came out of nowhere and asked for some pills for his headache. I was gonna be rude and ignore him but I couldn’t help but help him. He looked like he was in pain. His eyes were blood shot red and the eye that Luke punched him on is bruising. Then, he started talking about how he had the strangest dream where him and Luke got into a fight. He didn’t remember anything that happened and I wasn’t going to be the one to break it to him. He’ll probably remember when he wakes up later.” I said to them. “Is that all that happened with him?” Beth asked. “Um, yeah. I gave him the pills and water and he said thanks and went back to bed.” I explained.