Chapter 13

Monday was pretty uneventful day. We all spent the day either watching movies or lunging by the pool. Around 5, Beth, Megan, Seirra, and I went grocery shopping. I convinced James to let me borrow his car. “Please, please be careful.” He says to me, hesitantly giving me his keys. “I will!” I said, rolling my eyes and snatching the keys from him. We got into his car and I started the engine. Megan had called shotgun so she sat in the passenger’s seat and turned on some music. She connected her phone to the car speaker system and began playing Taylor Swift’s I Knew You Were Trouble.

We all began singing along and laughing. We arrived at the nearest shopping plaza and noticed there was a small spa named Harmony. We decided that we all wouldn’t mind being a little pampered. We walked into the spa and volunteered Beth to speak for us. A middle aged woman with flowing black hair was sitting in the front desk when we entered the spa. She looked up as soon as she heard the door jingle when we stepped in.

“Hello ladies. What can I do for you guys today?” she asked us. “Hi. We just wanted to get manicures and pedicures.” Beth said to her. “Okay. Do you guys already have an appointment?” she asked Beth. “No.” Beth told her. “Okay, that’s fine. Just manicures and pedicures? No massages?” she asked. “Umm, nope.” Beth answered. “Alright. Just take a seat and we’ll bring you guys in in a little bit.” She said, pointing to the sitting area.

“Okay.” Beth nodded. We walked into the seating area and we sat down. “Would you guys like anything to drink?” the woman asked us, getting up from her desk area. “Yes, can we get 4 waters?” Megan asked. “I want soda.” I said to Megan. Megan has a tendency to try to make us eat and drink healthier and sometimes, it gets annoying.

“Soda will make you break out. All that sugar is not good for your skin.” Megan says to me in a ‘duh’ voice. I rolled my eyes and decided to let it go. The woman smiled an amused smile and disappeared into the back of the store. After about a minute, she returned with 5 bottles of smartwater. She placed a bottle on her desk and gave us the other 4.

We sat in the seating area for about 5 minutes before we finally got lead into the back. The back of the spa contained an area with 6 message chairs, 3 tables with nail supplies, 2 big racks of nail polish, and a dryer area. 2 of the 6 message chairs were taken so we took the other 4 seats. We walked over to the nail polish rack and began choosing the colors that we wanted.

“I think I want a French manicure.” Megan said, surveying the nail polish collection. She returned back to her chair and told the lady that was going to do her nails. I turned my attention back to the racks and saw a pretty , soft turquoise colored nail polish. I shook up the bottle and showed Beth and Seirra. “Oooo. That’s pretty.” Beth said to me. “What about this one for me?” Seirra asks me, showing me a peach colored nail polish. “That’s nice.” I say to her.

Seirra and I chose our colors and now we were waiting for Beth. “I can’t find anything!” Beth said exasperated. I looked at the bottom row of the 2nd rack and saw a soft, lavender colored nail polish. “What about this one?” I asked, grabbing the bottle. “Oooo! Purple!” Beth says excitedly snatching the bottle. We returned to our chairs and took our seats. While the ladys began working on our nails, we talked about how our vacation was going.

“So Elena, what exactly happened on your date yesterday?” Seirra asked me. “Well, we went to the Santa Monica pier and we….” I began telling them every detail of what happened. When I told them about the kiss, they all freaked out. “Oh my gosh Elena! I can’t believe you kissed him!” Beth said laughing. “Me too Beth, me too.” I said, shaking my head. “Does this mean you don’t like James anymore?” Megan asked. “No. I still like James but now, I think I might like Luke too.” I confessed. “Oh boy.” Seirra commented. “Anyways, enough with moi. What about ya’ll? Anyone have any interesting stories?” I asked.