Chapter 14

“Are you sure you guys don’t want to go?” James asks me and Luke. I told James that I wasn’t feeling good and wanted to stay home and Luke volunteered to stay back with me. “Yeah. I’ll just go some other time.” I say to James. “If you insist.” James says with an unsure tone. We were heading outside to the cars while we spoke. Carly and the rest of the group were already in the cars. I already told the girls why I didn’t want to go and they didn’t keep pushing me. “Have fun.” I say to him as he walked towards the driver’s side of the car. “I’ll try.” He says, smiling a heart melting smile.

After they left, Luke and I ran back into the house and took seats on in the living room. “So, what do you want to do today?” Luke asks me. “Eh, nothing really. I was going to relax at home.” I tell him. Luke nods but a frown appears on his face. “What were you thinking?” I ask him. He smiles a devilish smile at me, making me wonder what he had planned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“A park? Really?” I say as we pull into the parking lot of Windsor Park. “I think I remember you saying you wanted to get on a swing.” He says to me. We left the house around 4 and now we were at the park. “Oh yeah. I can’t believe you remembered.” I say, smiling. He shrugged and pulled into a parking spot. He parked the car and we got out. We walked to the path and began walking side by side to where the playground was.

“Race you there?” he says, grinning at me. “Okay. But I’m going to beat you though.” I say to him, flirtingly. “Yeah right. I play football sweetheart.” He says cockily. That comment made me determined to win. Instead of talking back to him, I stood right in front of him and stood really close to him. I raised my arms and placed it behind his neck. I pulled his head down and looked into his eyes. Luke’s face looked surprised but he recovered quickly. He put his hands on my waist and bent his head closer to me. He looked at my lips and began to lean in. I could see the desire in his eyes. Just before our lips meet, I moved his head to the side and said, “We’ll see about that,” before planting a kiss on his cheek.

As soon as I kissed his cheek, I took off running, giving myself a few seconds head start. After he processed what I just did, he began to grin and took off running. I reached the swings and took a seat right when arrived. “You play dirty, I like that Elena.” He says grinning. I smiled and pushed myself off the ground. Luke took a seat on the swing next to mine and we began swinging back and forth.

We played like little children on the playground for 2 hours before we decided to go eat dinner. Instead of going to a restaurant, we go to McDonalds and pick up some fast food. We got our food and headed back home. We planned to hang out around the pool and wait for the rest of the group. We got back home and began eating our food. After we finished eating, we got changed into our swimsuits and headed to the pool.

I tried to slowly walk into the pool but Luke did a cannonball into the pool, soaking me in water. “Luke!” I shout at him. He smirks and goes back under. I knew he was going to pull me under so I tried to escape but he was faster than me. He grabbed my leg and pulled me under. We wrestled for a few seconds before we came up for air.

“I’m going to kill you Luke.” I say, trying to sound mad but I couldn’t help smiling. After a few more rounds of water wrestling, I swam to the edge of the pool and began to climb out. “Wait! I want you to come out of the pool like girls do in videos.” Luke says. “What?” I say, standing up out of the pool. “If I show you, will you do it?” he asks me. “Um, maybe.” I answer. “Okay.” He says.

He backed up into the pool and stopped smiling. He put a serious expression on his face and began walking out of the water. He looked hot. The water was dripping off his wet body and he looked amazing. I knew what he was talking about now. He got out of the pool and began to pose as if he was a bathing suit model. I threw him his towel and he gave me a big smile. “How’d I look?” he asked me with a big smile on his face. “Not too bad Luke, not too bad.” I say nodding and smiling. “Your turn.” He says to me.

I roll my eyes but head back into the water. I walked to where my head was underwater and began walking. As soon as I had half of my body out of the water, I ran my hands over my head and pulled any stray strands of hair back. I kept a, hopefully, seductive smile. I locked eyes with Luke and continued walking out of the pool. As soon as I was out of the pool, a huge grin spread across my face. “Damn Elena. That was hot.” He says to me grinning. “Thanks.” I say, blushing a little bit.

We reentered the house and I hopped into the shower first. When I finished, I put a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. “Your turn.” I say to Luke when I walk into the living room. He looks over at me and smiles. “Alright.” He says, getting up. While he took his shower, I grabbed a bowl of chips and took a seat on the couch and began surfing the channels. I began watching a re-run of Keeping up with the Kardashians while I waited. After about 30 minutes, Luke returned and took a seat next to me. He brought more chips and drinks and we began watching re-runs. “Do we have to watch this?” he begged me. “Yes. I like this show.” I say, hiding the remote from him. He rolled his eyes but didn’t argue anymore. I draped my legs over his and get comfortable.

Before I knew it, we both had fallen asleep on the couch. Around midnight, we were startled awake by the sound of the garage opening. “I think they’re back.” Luke says. “No shit Sherlock.” I said sarcastically. Luke glared at me. I moved my legs and got up from the couch. I didn’t want to talk to anyone so I went straight to the room and crawled back into bed. I was about to fall asleep when someone turned on the lights.

“Luke! Why couldn’t you turn on the bedside lamp?” I say, shielding my eyes. “It’s James.” James says, walking over to my side of the bed. “Oh. Hey.” I say, looking up at him. “Hey. How was your day?” he asks me. “It was good. How about yours?” I ask him. “It was good.” He says. We stare at each other awkwardly before Luke entered the room. He saw James and walked back out. “Good night Lena.” James says, still standing next to my side of the bed. “Good night James.” I say to him.

He smiled and leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on my forehead. I smiled. Before he walked out of the room, he turned back to me and said, “I miss having you in my bed.” I smiled and turned onto my side. James left the light on and walked out. Shortly after, Luke walked in and closed the door. He didn’t say anything to me. He turned on the bedside lamp and turned off the room light. He got into bed and I turned to face him.

“Hey there.” I say to him. “Goodnight Elena.” Luke said, smiling a sad smile. I raised my hand and placed it on his cheek. I traced the side of his face like he did to me. “I had a lot of fun today.” I say to him. He smiles in response. I removed my hand from his face and closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. The last thing I remember before falling asleep is the way Luke smiled when I told him I had a good time.