New Year's Special

Hello Wattpad! Happy New Year's!

This chapter is similar to the Christmas special, but the characters are not the same. Hope you also enjoy this chapter!

Again, Happy New Year’s Wattpad! I hope everyone has an amazing 2013! Cheers to another year of stories!

            “So, I’ll see you at Jake’s party tonight?” my friend Jenny asked me. “Yup. I’m about to get dressed.” I answered her. It was 7 and I was beginning to get ready to head on over to Jake’s New Year’s Eve bash. He always through a party every year and I always got invited but I’ve never went. I’m not much of a party person. My best friend Jenny forced me to go to this year because it was our last year in High School.

            “You better be. I’ll pick you up at 8:30?” she says. “Yeah, sure. But we need to stop at Kroger before we go. I want to say happy new years to Duke.” I tell her. “Oh, cute grocery store boy? I feel like you have a crush on him.” She said. I could hear her grin through the phone. “We’ve already been over this. He’s just a friend.”  I say to her, rolling my eyes. “But you do admit that he is cute?” she asks me. “Yes. I will admit that.” I say rolling my eyes again.

            “Good. I’ll see you in a bit.” She says, laughing and hanging up. I put my phone down and flopped onto my bed. I laid on my bed for 5 minutes before finally getting up. I walked into my closet and found my peach colored dress. I pulled out my black wedges and set them in front of my bed. I grabbed my black white strapless bra and walked into my bathroom. I took off my PJs and took a quick shower. I got out of the shower and quickly dried myself off.

            I took out my curling iron and plugged it in. While that was heating up, I put on my dress. I opened my bathroom door and found my little sister leaning against my bed, trying to put on my heels. “Ruth! What are you doing! You’re going to mess up my shoes!” I shouted at her. She ignored me and put on both shoes. The shoes were too big for her but she began strutting around the room.

            “I want to be a model so I need to practice.” She said to me. “Practice with your own shoes.” I tell her, grabbing my phone to check the time. 7:45, I had about 30 minutes to finish getting ready. I looked up and saw Ruth still strutting around my room. I couldn’t help but smile at her silliness. She was only 10 but she was tall, not as tall as my 5 foot 8 inches but she was tall. She will probably be taller than me once she’s 16 or 17.

            “Ruth, get off of those shoes before you fall. I promise I’ll buy you your own heels.” I promised her. “Really?” she said, surprised. “If you get off of those heels, than yes. Actually, we’ll go get some on Saturday.” I told her. She quickly took off my shoes and placed them near my bed. “Pinky promise?” she said, holding out her pinky. “Pinky promise.” I said, holding out my pinky.

            “Just don’t tell mom or dad.” I told her, giving her a quick hug. “Okay. Have fun at your party!” she said, leaving my room. I smiled and walked back into the bathroom. The curling iron was ready so I began to curl my hair. After 20 minutes, I finished curling my hair and started putting on my makeup. I put on eyeliner, mascara, and peach colored lipstick. I brushed out my curls and made my hair look more wavy. I let my long hair cascade down my back and stepped into my room to look in the full sized mirror.

            I looked at my reflection and I looked really good. I grabbed a small clutch purse and placed my phone and lip gloss in it. I put on my wedges and looked at myself one more time in the mirror. I walked out of my room and closed the door. I walked over to Ruth’s room and knocked before opening the door.