Sherry Birkin

"God damn it," You sighed, looking down as you gently tugged the hair near your scalp in an attempt to ease the throbbing headache you have going on.

You were currently working on the documentation of your last mission with Sherry. She had done hers earlier unlike you who always had a habit of procrastinating. So now here you are in your study room trying to finish your work that is due the day after tomorrow.

The door to your room opens and the smell of Lemon and Ginger tea filled the room.

"Stop doing that, that's a bad habit," Sherry calmly scolds you as she walked closer to your table, placing the warm mug of tea in front of you. You let go of your hair and sit up, leaning your back against the chair picking up the mug, and carefully taking a sip of it. The moment you set the mug down on the table, Sherry sets her mug down on the table as well, her hands gently cupping your face, a frown plastered on it as she looked at you.

"What is it?" You ask as you look up at her. It was easy to tell that something was bothering her.

"When was the last time you had proper sleep?" She asks, her thumb lightly caressing your cheek, "Your eyes are so puffy and swollen."

You didn't even bother lying to her, "I haven't slept well since that last mission back at Edonia," The images of those J'avo's still haunted you every time you tried to sleep. You couldn't believe how Sherry manages to not be bothered by it.

"I don't know how you handle this kind of stuff, really," You tell her,  your hands making their way to her waist, pulling her close to you.

She chuckles, "Takes a lot to, believe me." She then adds in a serious tone, "You can talk to me about it, you know? Or maybe we can go see a therapist... I heard that helps a lot."

"Nah, just give me more time I'll get over it," You replied in a reassuring tone.

She playfully rolls her eyes at you, "You always say that." She lets of you and turns to leave saying, "I'll leave you to it then—"

"—No-no-no, stay!" You wrap your arms around her, pulling her close to you again, "I like having you here," You mumble as you pull her on your lap. She giggled the moment she landed on your lap, her hand holding your shoulder so she wouldn't fall off.

"All right, I'll help you just so you can get some sleep. You really need it,"

___

Hey, it's here and I hope you like it! I tried to make it long but I feel like it would come off too forced.

-daniii