Karl Heisenberg

a_you_problem
Here it is! I hope you like it!
Double update bc I got a few of the chapters done.

•••

You remember that very day you met the matriarch of the castle that sits at the outskirts of the city, Lady Alcina was walking along the church premises to arrive early for her meeting as usual when your scent caught her nose. A child, she thought. What could a child be doing in these premises?

She followed your scent and it lead her to another abandoned part of the church, a big, barren, function hall. The room had its dimly lit parts, as there were only a few holes at the roof of the place. Alcina stood by the entrance, where there were barely any light reaching it. There you were standing at the middle of the room with the gaping hole on the ceiling above you that provided natural light to some parts of the room, bow and arrow in hand. She quietly watched as you aimed and fired the arrow, seeing it land in the red patch of your target that was set quite far for a child. You were so small, so thin, not to mention you were also covered in dirt and dressed in ragged clothing. Alcina felt a sense of pity at the sight of you for some odd reason. She never cared about the other villages but you... You were something else.

"Who's there?" The child suddenly called out, her bow and arrow aimed and ready to fire as she turned to look around the place. "I know I'm not alone! I can feel your eyes on me!"

Alcina began to walk closer to the child, her heels echoing against the stone floors. The child sees her approaching, a gasp leaving your lips at how tall she was. Alcina stopped a good distance from you. A curious frown etched on her face as she observed you.

A little child who didn't end up scurrying away from her presence was something rare.

"You shouldn't be in this church," Alcina tells you, "Do you know how many monsters dwell in this place? This isn't for a child like you."

"I live here," Was your reply. "I've always been here."

"...Is that so?" She raised a brow at your before looking back at the bow and arrow you still had aimed on her. You showed not the slightest hint of fear. It both shocked and amused her.

"Yes," Was your only reply before you decided to put your weapon down. When she took a step towards you, you quickly aimed your weapon at her as you took a few steps back.

"I won't hurt you little one," Alcina reassures you as she set one foot down beside the other.

"That's what they all say," You reply before setting your weapon down and scurrying into the dark part of the room. Alcina wanted to go after you but she didn't want to risk you shooting at her so she let you be.

Every week she would visit you, coming over earlier than before for the meetings with Mother Miranda to see you. It took a while for you to warm up to her. Scurrying away from her when she tried to get close, not even touching the food and clothes she would give you. They would still be sitting at the same spot she would leave them.

It was like trying to tame a feral cat, and for her you did share the same traits as one. You were quick, sharp, and weary of the people around you. Not to mention wise as you managed to survive on your own at such a young age.

"Here again, lady?" You ask as you stepped out of the dark, seeing her standing near the piles of gifts she had been giving you. You wondered why she kept coming back. How was she so insistent on giving you these gifts when you had never shown her any act of kindness of even respect?

"You haven't touched anything I have given you." She points out.

"I don't need it," Was your reply. "I'm fine on my own," You lie. You felt so lonely in this dark room, but for you it was better to be alone than to trust someone and end up being betrayed again.