Vârcolac - RE8

I saw someone comment that they wanted this imagine but I couldn't find them anymore so if you're reading this then I hope you enjoy!

___

"Have you heard about the beast that lurks in these woods?" One of your friends, Dmitri says in a playful spooky tone. It was night time, the three of you sitting at the bar in this brothel you worked it. It was a quiet Monday night so there weren't much people to take care of.

"Here you go again, making the usual stuff into something scary. Of course there will be beasts in the forest, it's where they live," You say in a matter of fact tone as you went to polish the glass you were holding, wanting to get it done quick as you had more glassware to take care of. Because of this you had your back on your friends while they busied themselves by polishing the island separating the three of you from the guest tables.

"No! I swear this time it's true!" He says, "My brother was in the woods the other day, he said that as he was gathering wood he got deeper into the forest, deeper than he intended! And that was when he spots the giant beast near a pond--," You set the polished glass down and picked another before facing them, suddenly getting curious with the story he was narrating. The two had stopped what they were doing and were facing each other.

"And he said that the beast was ugly; wide mouth, hunched on all fours, fur is all filthy and matted, and it looked like it towered over him! But that wasn't what sacred him off, it was the beast's eyes! They were glowing and gray!" Luiza, your other friend looked obviously afraid of the story; eyes wide and arms wrapped around herself.

You didn't want to believe Dmitri at first, but with how detailed it was, you thought that maybe what he was saying is true considering how hard it would be to come up with such a description of such a thing if it did exist.

"Where did he see the thing?" You ask.

"In the forest near Lord Moreau's reservoir! Very fitting really," He mutters the last sentence as he snickers.

"Be careful of the words that you say!" You quickly scold him before looking around. You look back at him as you said, "If someone heard you, you could get in trouble! You know that we're not suppose to speak ill of the lords or Mother Miranda will punish us!"

--

It has been a few days since Dmitri had told you that story and you curiosity had been gnawing that you non-stop. This was the side of you that you loved and hated, the desire to explore and to learn. It did you good most of the times, and these ones were the ones that often got you in trouble.

Though it wasn't enough to stop you. It was stupid, and you knew that. But you just had to know, you just had to find out if it was true. You only have one life, as some would say, why not live it to the fullest? So, now here you are in the forest that Dmitri said where the monster was spotted. It was eerily quiet, not even the crickets were making a sound.

The forest trees were sparsely spread throughout the lands, but the trees were gigantic, only a few remain their leaves. The trees were a dark-brown color, you suspected that some of them are probably older than you with how tall they have gotten.

This forest was odd, usually the ones you would explore would have various animals like deers, squirrels, rabbits, foxes, and snakes crawling on the ground but this one was completely empty, even the trees were barren of birds.