Chris Redfield

You were in the training room all by yourself. Training hours were done and since it was almost ten at night you were sure that no one would come in here to see you.

You were training to be a soldier, you were good with guns and you memorize steps fast but you lacked in one area; strength. You always got called out for it.

'You need to punch harder! You need to kick harder! How are you going to take a possible hostile down if you hit like that!' Chris, your captain's voice rang in your mind. You were on the bottom, and you were scared that if you don't get any better you might not pass the Physical exam which was in three months. On that exam you had knock your captain down.

And considering his size and height, you needed to double your training. And not to mention, he's been a soldier for nearly two decades.

This was going to be trouble for you.

You finished that last rep on the bench press so you set it back on it's rack and you sat up straight, wiping some sweat off your face with your towel. You got up and went to a punching bag. You set the bottle of water and the towel you were holding on a stand behind you. You turned your attention to the punching bag in front of you. You placed both of the palm of your hands on it as you caught your breath.

You wanted to be a soldier, it's been your dream since you were young. 

You can do this, you thought. You got this.

You began to punch the bag. Despite wearing protective gloves it still hurt your hand but you just ignored it.

While you were punching, you didn't realize you were already letting out all of the frustration you've been feeling ever since you started training.

You were frustrated with the fact that you were at the bottom of the trainees, frustrated with the fact that a lot of soldiers were mocking you and telling you that you shouldn't be here, frustrated because a part of you was starting to think that what everyone was saying is true.

"Might wanna watch your punches you might end up straining your wrist" Chris's voice echoes in the room.

You gasped in shock. You turned around to face him. He was wearing a muscle tee and sweatpants.

"Oh... uh... hey, Cap." You stammered.

"Again." He tilts his head to the side, gesturing to the punching bag. He's been training you for a while, but it wasn't just you and him, it'd be with a bunch of newbie's like you. You felt embarrassed since his attention will be just on you. "Go on, the thing isn't gonna punch itself, is it?"

Hesitantly, you turned your attention to the punching bag and began punching it.

While you went on with what you were doing, you could feel his presence behind you.

"Keep this straight" He places his hands on your waist, facing it to the punching bag.

You stopped what you were doing and felt a blush creeping on your cheeks, and you were thankful that you've been working out for a while so he wouldn't be able to tell.

His hands felt warm against your skin, and it was making you feel some type of way.

You cleared your throat and he takes his hands off you, muttering an apology as he did so.

"Your punches need a lot of work, but one thing I do notice is you do better when it comes to using your legs when it comes to fighting. Follow me—" He turns on his heels and began to walk to the ring. You followed behind him.

"Are we..." You knew what Chris was implying and it made you nervous. With his size and muscle mass, you knew this was going to be a pain.

"I want to see how much you've improved. Hit me." Your eyes grew wide with what he said.

"What?"

"You heard me—" He walks closer to me until we were only a few feet apart. "—hit me."

Remembering what he said, you took a step forward and aimed a roundhouse kick at him. He blocks it with his arm and charges at you with with a fist raised. You caught his raised arm and turned on your heels and threw him on the ground. He lands with a thud and you took a few steps back. He groans as he gets up, raising his fists in the air, ready to attack.

"You're getting better with your reflexes." He points out.

"Thanks." You tell him. You charge at him and try to land a back kick but he caught your feet and pushed you on the ground. You groaned when you felt the ground hit your body, on your stomach. You heard Chris's footsteps heading towards you. You got up and dodged his back kick.

You managed to knock him down by kicking the back of his leg and he falls on his knees. You put him in a choke-hold and he falls on the ground on his stomach. He was trying to pry you off, and when you saw his arm stretched out, you managed you grab it and put him in an arm bar.

You pull your body, making yourself land on the ground on your back.

He taps on the ground and you let him go. The both of you get up.

"It's nice to know you're improving a lot. I see a lot of potential in you." He moves the shoulder of the arm you got in a lock in a circular motion.

"Thanks. That's nice to know." You tell him, feeling a bit confident with yourself.

"You should probably get some rest, we have training in the morning." Chris tells you and you nod.

"So should you, sir. Thanks for the tips, by the way."

"You don't have to be so formal, when it's just us you can call me Chris."