Ada Wong

I don't know where I am. Mommy told me to run, she said that I needed to leave so she couldn't hurt me. I don't understand, she's my Mommy, she would never hurt me, and she always tells me that she loves me.

Mommy, Daddy, and me were supposed to go to the mall, it was our family day. They didn't have to go to work and I didn't have to go to school.

I heard one of those monsters behind me. I began to run.

"Help! Help me!" I screamed. I don't like it here, I want to go home!

I want to wake up, this is just a bad dream.

I stepped on something wet and I slipped on the ground. It was a sticky, red liquid. It smelled weird.

I heard the monster behind me. I turned on my back and saw it walking towards me. I tried to get up but my ankles hurt.

"Help! Please!" I cried. The monster looked scary, it was like one of those things I see on T.V. that Daddy watches.

I heard a loud bang and it hurt my ears. The monster fell on the ground on its face. It didn't move. I saw a shadow walking towards me.

Before I could move away, it was already in front of me. And it was a pretty lady. She had short hair, and she was wearing a red dress and black pants.

"It's okay, you don't have to be scared of me" She bends one knee. "What's your name?"

"(name)" I mumbled. She smiles at me, but she doesn't show her teeth.

"Hi, (name) I'm Ada. What are you doing out here?" She asks as she gets up, picking me up in her arms.

"Mommy told me to run" I tell her.

"Why?"

"She said she didn't want to hurt me. She was covered in these—" I raise my hands that were covered with the smelly, red liquid.

"Oh, I see. Don't worry. I'll keep you safe."

-

We were at Ada's house. The place looked so nice and clean, but it wasn't as big as our old house.

She gave me a bath and made me wear one of her clothes, she said the clothes were too small for her so she let me borrow it.

We were at the kitchen, and she was cooking something that smelled really nice while I was sitting on the kitchen island.

I saw a picture frame of a guy on the end of the counter, in front of a flower vase.

"Who is that?" I ask, pointing on the picture. Ada turns to me and then looks at where my hand is pointed.

"Oh him... He's... He's a special friend of mine."

"Does he live here?"

"No, (name), he doesn't." She turns her attention back on what she was cooking. She turns around and places the food she was cooking on some plates.

"Will I live here?" I ask. "You said you were going to take care of me."

"You will live here, and yes, I will take care of you."

"What about my Mommy and Daddy, will they live here too?"

She was quiet for a moment, "...No, (name). They're... they have to go somewhere."

"Where? Are they coming back?"

She smiles at me again and lightly pinches my cheek, "You have a lot of questions huh? We should eat, the food might get cold."