Nicholai Ginovaef

Hey, here it is. I hope you like it! 

____

The mission was simple, take the sample and leave town as soon as possible. The hallways of the hospital were empty, but you didn't want to get too comfortable, especially after seeing those mutated frogs in one of the rooms that you just walked out of. You had contacted Ada earlier, and she had told you your meeting point. You didn't really like working with her, but at this point, she was your only way of getting out of here.

After looking for Dr. Bard's office for what felt like an eternity, you found it. The doors were electronically locked but you came prepared. You took out the recorder in your pocket and placed it at the voice box on your left and in a matter of seconds the door unlocked. You tossed the recorder aside and walked into the room.

"Shit!" You cursed the moment you saw Dr. Bard. He was slouched on his office chair, blood dripping from his temple. You were sure that it was a bullet wound. You heard something move behind you, and before you could pull out your gun from its holster, you felt something cold on your neck. It was a dagger.

"Wouldn't want trouble now, do we? Hands in the air!" It was a man, with a deep, thick Eastern European accent. The moment you raised your hand, he immediately went to take your gun from its holster and removed the dagger from your neck, pushing you away from him. You pulled out your silver butterfly knife and flipped it open. You made sure he couldn't see your hand that was holding the blade so you hid it behind a table.

"What brings you here, hm?" The man asks, aiming your gun at you.

"Same thing as you are," You reply in a calm tone. "Virus's pretty pricey, isn't it?"

He takes out something from his pocket and lifts it up in the air, chuckling as he asked. "Are you talking about this?" He waves it in the air.

"Yeah, maybe you have a spare lying around, or...?" You asked in a playful tone. "... If not, we can avoid some trouble if you give that one to me,"

He laughs, "Funny little thing, aren't you?"

"I try to," You replied with a smirk. He raises the gun to your head and pulls the trigger. He was expecting you to fall on the ground but the gun clicked, indicating an empty magazine. You quickly raised your hand in the air, throwing the knife you were holding towards him. It landed on his left arm, the one he used to hold the sample.

He screamed in pain as he dropped your gun, which you quickly rushed to pick up. He tried to land a kick on you but you managed you dodge it as you pick up your weapon. While you were in the process of quickly getting up, you managed you take out its empty magazine and load it with a new one. You got up from the ground and aimed your gun at him, firing a shot on his thigh. He drops the vial on the floor and it rolls toward you.

"Oh, Nicholai, you never learn don't you?" You playfully scold him as you bent a knee to pick it up. Luckily the virus was sealed in a metal protector. He tried to get up but you aimed your gun at him. "Down, unless you want to end up like Bard over there!" You nod towards the doctor's dead body. He did what you told and remained on the ground.

You kept your eyes and muzzle towards him as you walked out of the room, the look of anger on his face made you chuckle. The moment you got out of the room, you quickly made a run for it, jumping down to the lower ground through a balcony and heading to the entrance to leave. When you passed through the doors, you took out your phone and dialed a number.

"I assume you have the virus?" A deep, smooth voice spoke through the other end.

"Yes, I have it."

"Good. Ms. Wong is waiting for you at your destination. Better hurry, wouldn't want to end up being nuked like the rest of that town." And with that, the conversation was over. You look back at the hospital. See you around, Nicholai. You smirked before heading to your extraction point.