Chris Redfield pt.3

"No!" Miranda's voice sounded pained and raspy as her body twitched, "My daughter! My Eva!" She screeched before her body froze, crystallizing before it fell into pieces in the ground. You could hear crying as you pushed yourself off of the ground, wrapping your arms at the throbbing pain on your stomach.

You took in deep breaths as you got on your feet as an attempt to ease the pain on your body, and it did so to a degree. Still, it wasn't enough to stop the throbbing pain that appeared throughout your body. With the amount of times Miranda has thrown you around like a rag doll, it was a miracle you were still even breathing.

The fight with Miranda felt like forever, all of the few wolves you had left died as they attacked her, all of their bodies scattered around you. Another type of pain appeared in your chest as you looked at their dead, mutilated bodies. They were once people after all, fathers, brothers, sons, once like you who had an undying faith towards Miranda. You and your sister were lucky that you didn't end up in the same fate as them.

You spotted Ethan at the corner of your eye, he was walking towards Miranda's dead body, where Rose was.

Ethan was not in a good condition, you could tell by the color of his hands that were starting to turn gray. His body was starting to sway as he held Rose in his arms. You quickly rushed to him, as quickly as you can anyway. You held his arm for support, but his knees bucked and instead fell on his knees. You followed his movement and caught Rose in your arms. She looked up to you with her hazel eyes, staring at you with curiosity.

"Ethan! Ethan!" Chris's voice was filled with worry as he got closer to the two of you. "There's not enough time, c'mon, get up!" He pulls Ethan's body up, and it looked like he was still conscious, he was weakly moaning in response as the three of them began to head out of the ceremonial site.

Ethan was moving slow, but still the three of you managed to make it to the escape plane. Mia had approached you, letting out a gasp of relief seeing that Rose was okay.

You didn't bother saying anything to them, or to anyone and just rushed back into the forest, ignoring Chris and the calls of the other soldiers. You needed to see your little sister, needed to find her and leave this wretched place. your mind was filled with worry that you hadn't noticed that Chris and Umber eyes had ran after you.

After what felt like hours, you managed to find the little cabin you had built. You quickly removed the lock from the door and entered the small building. The first thing that you see was your little sister curled in a ball at the upper corner of the room, the sack of crystals sitting next to her.

You called out to her and she looks up at you, her eyes teary and red.

"I'm so sorry that I was away for so long!" You rushed to her, getting down to your knees and pulling her in for a hug, in which she gladly accepted by wrapping her small arms around you. "Everything's okay now, all right? We're leaving this village. We can go somewhere safe and quiet!"

"Mother Miranda won't find us?" She asks as she pulled away from you. You shake your head in response as you wiped her tears. Her eyes grew wide at your state. "Sister, what happened to you?"

"No," You reassured her, ignoring her question about your state. "Mother Miranda will not bother us anymore, I promise." You sighed. "Come on, we have to go!" You stood up and held the small sack of crystals. You little sister held your free hand and followed you out of the cabin, and it was at that moment you noticed the two soldiers who had followed you.

"What are you two doing here?" You dropped the sack you were holding and pulled your little sister behind you, who them looked at the two with curious and fearful eyes.

"We have to leave the village, the bomb will destroy everything within the city, and a some of its surrounding land," Chris tells you. "The plane can carry us all, you and your sister will be safer,"

The offer was, without a doubt, tempting. The thought of being able to keep your little sister safe made you want to say yes. On the other hand, you didn't know these people fully, even Chris. Who knows if his intentions were truly clean or not? The deal was done after all, you had already done your part, what if it was a trap? Maybe he's planning something?

"We don't have the time, (name), look!" Chris points behind you and so you looked back. Behind the trees you could see the megamycete crawling out of the cave and slowly starting to move towards the village. "Come on!"

Ugh, fuck it! You thought and agreed with Chris. You picked your little sister up and followed Chris and his men as they ran back to the escape plane. He let you in first, and then umber eyes, and then him last.

You felt the plane move, and as you looked outside you could slowly see the entirety of the village below you. 

It was a shame, really, if only Miranda had learned to properly mourn the death of her daughter and focused on the village and her other four children, this village wouldn't be bad to live in. 

A  loud explosion from below came about and the village was covered in a thick layer of smoke.

This was it, you and your sister were truly free.