Leon Kennedy

You and Leon had been together for five years. Everything was going well, you two were happy, but one day all of that suddenly changed. You didn't know what you did wrong, you were always there for him when he needed someone, and you gave him everything that you could.

He'd always come home late. You always brushed it off thinking that it was just work. But something in your gut was telling you otherwise. He was hiding something, and you hoped; prayed, that it wasn't what you think it was.

Until one night he came home and you felt your heart break in pieces. He came home tipsy, and his neck was covered in hickeys. He reeked of a girl's perfume. He didn't even bother explaining anything, he just walked past you and went to your shared room and slept.

You couldn't deal with it anymore, so while he was knocked out cold you packed all your stuff; crying your heart out as you did so.

You wanted to hate him, legitimately hate him; but you knew deep down if he just apologized you would take him back and forgive him in an instant. So you did what you had to do. You felt sick and tired of being used. Sick and tired of being made into a fool.

You knew you had to do this, this was for your own good. This was for the best.

Enough is enough.

You zipped your bag and pulled your coat that was hanging on the chair of your study table. You took one last glance at Leon's sleeping form before you left.

This is for the best. You thought. You don't deserve to be treated like this. You're worth more than this.

You called a taxi and when one stopped in front of you, you quickly hopped in. The bag you were carrying wasn't that big so it fit fine with you on the back seat.

"Where to?" The male, middle aged driver asks.

You thought about it for a moment, "The airport." The driver nods and turns his attention back on the road.

You've been thinking about this for a while; ever since Leon got so cold. But you thought that maybe it would get better, that you and Leon could still make it work.

You took out your phone and the first thing that flashes in front of you was a pick of you and Leon. It was you and him at a beach in California. It was your third year anniversary.

You unlocked your phone and opened your gallery. Majority of the Photos there were of you and Leon. You selected all of it and deleted it. You were going to start over, and you were going to move on and forget all of this.

You arrived at the airport hours later. You handed the driver twenty dollars before stepping out of the car with you luggage. Your flight is five minutes from now so you hurried in the building so you wouldn't miss it.

You boarded the plane and sat on your seat; which was by the window.

You closed your eyes and leaned back on your seat.

-

Five years had passed since you left America and went to Europe. England to be exact.

Everything was going well, your job as a waitress at a coffee shop was fine. You had saved enough money before so you weren't struggling as much.

While you were at the back, chatting with your co-workers, your manager called you.

"Sir?" You asked as you approached him.

"Someone is looking for you" He says as he points out the door.

"Who?" You ask.

"He said his name's Leon" You felt your heart drop to the floor. No, not again. "Do you know him?"

"Yeah... Uh... I don't really want to see him, could you..." You manager saw the look on your face and he nods. You thank him before he leaves the room.

Minutes passed by and you look around the cafe and he was nowhere to be seen. You let out a breath of relief and went back to work.

Your shift ended at 7:30 pm and it was pretty dark outside. One of your co-workers offered you a ride but you declined since your apartment was only a couple of streets away.

You put on your coat and picked up your purse and told your co-workers goodbye. You stepped out of the shop and began to walk.

"(name)!" A very familiar voice called out to you, but you knew better than to turn around so you just ignored it and began to walk faster.

"(name)! Wait! Please! Let's talk—" You felt someone pull my arm and forced me to turn around.

"—What?" You raised a brow at him. You hated the fact that a feeling of bitterness what creeping up on you again.

"I just want to talk, please" His tone was softer than usual. A part of you wanted to go with him and talk, but you knew better.

You weren't gonna go back to it again.

"We have nothing to talk about" You voice sounded colder than usual. You pulled your arm from him and began to walk, hoping that he would just leave you alone but you weren't so lucky.

He blocks your way and held both of his hands up, "Please, we can still fix this!"

"Fix what? The relationship you ruined? No, get out of my way!" You tried to walk past him but he just blocked it again.

"(name), please, I know I fucked up and I regret it every single day since you left. Just give me one more chance, please... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, please, just one more chance."

Tears welled in your eyes as that familiar pang of pain hit your chest. You looked up and turned away from him.

"Please, Please, baby—"

"DON'T you call me that!" You snapped and glared at him. "Leave. I don't want to see you ever again!"

"(name) please" A tear slipped down his cheeks. "I love you... I still do."

"Fuck your feelings" You scoffed, "Fuck you. Stay out of my life, I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

You were lying, you knew that; but after everything that happened years ago, you were scared to go back to him, no matter how much you wanted to. You shoved him and walked away. It took every ounce of your self control to not turn around and take back everything that you said.