Home

She looked at me and then looked at her friends. I waited for her to answer.

"We came here to trek," the guy came forward.

"So what are you doing here alone?" Gurans asked me instead of replying to my question.

I shrugged "Wanted to be alone," still not taking eyes off her.

"Alone?" The girl asked. She seemed shocked.

I nodded.

"Alone in this forest?" Gurans asked looking around and I almost laughed looking at her face.

I don't know why I wasn't angry. She always did this to me. Whenever she was with me no anger came to me. I was always calm and happy around her. I could not explain how happy I felt having her in front of me. The only thing that hurt was her not recognizing me or say refusing to recognize me.

"You can join us if you would like," the guy offered but I shook my head.

"Let me fill this bottle first," Gurans said walking towards the river and started to fill the water in the bottle. She came towards me drinking the water and then smiled at me.

"It tastes so good," she said offering it to her friends. They seemed happy to drink the water. She then looked at me forwarding the bottle. I took it and looked into her eyes.

"So beautiful," I thought. Gosh, why does she need to be so beautiful? I missed her so much but why is she doing this to me? Wasn't staying away enough to torture me that now she doesn't want to recognize me?

"You can come with us. The forest seems dangerous," she offered.

"I am not alone. My friends will be here anytime," I lied.

"But also there must be wild animals so....,"

"I will be fine," I cut her off.

"Ok then...Thanks," she said walking away from me and her friends followed her.

My heart started to pain but I couldn't stop her. I knew right there I could stop her and ask all the questions but I didn't cause I didn't want to force her. I would wait for her forever if that's what she wanted. If she wanted to stay refusing to recognize me then fine. I would act as if I was a stranger. I stood there looking at her back. She was going towards where the palace was and I had to stop her.

"Wait," I said and they turned to look at me.

"You might get lost if you go that way. And not to forget most of the dangerous animals live that way so I suggest you go this way," I said.

They all nodded at once and walked towards the way I suggested them.

I stood there looking at my Gurans. I should have been angry or forced her to accept the fact that she was my Gurans but deep down I didn't feel any anger or was sad instead I was happy that she was alive and here in front of me. I knew with time I will make her accept that she was my Gurans but for now, I let her go. I kept looking at her till she was about to disappear into the woods. She turned to look at me and waved her hand and like that she disappeared.

I was about to leave thinking I would get her back in a few days but I couldn't leave. I wanted to hide and hear them talk and know the truth so I slowly followed them. They were walking slowly and talking about the place.

"I wish I could live here," Gurans said.

"Alone?" The girl asked.

"Yes," she said and I smiled.

"You already have your home here, Maya," I thought.

"It's so peaceful and calm,"

"And scary," the guy said.