Few more hours

I had a few hours before I leave to meet Zar and a few hours to be with my Maya. I never know what tomorrow had in store for me and I needed to be with her. I went straight to where Gurans was. She was dancing with the girls and enjoying the music. Seeing her happy made me happy.

I changed the music into our favourite song and asked her to dance with me. She happily looked at me and agreed to dance instantly. Nothing warmed my heart more than her smile. She was everything I ever wanted and needed.

As we started to dance all the couples joined us but Hunter and Avenshika. I could hear Avenshika ask Hunter to dance with her while he clearly rejected her.

"Just one dance, handsome," she said while he shook his head.

"Come on," she insisted but he refused.

We looked at her as she rolled her eyes and sat far in the corner. Hunter shrugged at me while I turned my attention towards Gurans.

"He should have agreed to dance with her. I feel sorry for her," Gurans said looking at her.

"I don't," I shrugged.

"She is your friend,"

"Hunter is too,"

"But it's really not nice to reject a girl,"

"Girl can reject a guy's proposal to dance but a guy can't?" I asked her.

She was quiet for some time.

"What happened?"

"No, It's just. I think she genuinely wanted to dance with Hunter," she said.

"She did but he has the right to not dance if he doesn't want to," I smiled.

She nodded. "I know,"

She looked at Avenshika one more time and then turned her full attention toward me.

"Where were you gone?"

"Did you miss me?" I asked her instead of replying.

"Maybe a little," she shrugged.

"A little?" I pouted.

"Yup," she smiled and then I smiled.

"But I missed you a lot,"

"Glad to know that," she said.

We danced getting lost in each other's eyes. It felt good to have her in my arms. Looking at her I felt like she was thinking something and then she told me that she wanted to do a job.

"You can do a job for me," I replied.

"What?" She seemed curious.

"I like food so you could cook for me,"

"But you already have a cook,"

"I don't mind having two," I shrugged.

"Prarthi was thinking about a job too,"

"She can do the gardening," I said.

"I would love to do that. I love plants," she was quick to say it.

"More than animals?"

"More than anything," she smiled.

"Plants or food?" I asked her.

"Plants," she went on, "I can get food from plants so," she shrugged and I laughed.

"Then plants or me?"

She acted of thinking for some time and I pouted.

"Can I keep both?" She asked and I placed her arms around my neck nodding at her.