Devour

🎶 Mirrors - Justin Timberlake 🎶

"She does that every night," we heard Prarthi say. She gave me that sympathetic look and I didn't like it.

"She calls me?" I asked her and she nodded.

"It means she isn't back," I sighed.

"We will get her back," Prarthi said.

Both Rima and Prarthi went to their room while I started to take a few drinks. I was at the bar inside my house. It was small and I remembered when Gurans came here and got drunk. She looked cute on that drunk stage.

Bindhya requested me to control myself but I couldn't. Tired of her talking I ordered her to leave. I was chilling in my own world when I big noise hit my ears. Someone had turned the music on. I turned to find a woman whom I had totally forgotten about.

"Avenshika," I almost lost my cool at her behaviour.

"Hey baby," she grinned showing her filthy hand towards me.

"Behave yourself," I warned while she came and sat on the tool next to me. She poured herself a drink and looked at me.

"Someone hurt the king," she teased.

I banged the glass on the table and got up.

"Come on, Amol. I was just teasing," she flinched.

"Don't joke with me," I glared at her.

"Can't a friend joke?" She asked.

"Calling me baby isn't a joke. I am not your baby," I went on not letting her speak. "My wife is here so behave yourself. She likes peace and as a husband I will make sure to give her what she wants," I told her.

She was about to speak but I guess words got stuck in her throat after she heard me say "My wife," I left with a smirk on my face. How dare she call me baby? Does she think that I will tolerate whatever childish behaviour she does? She might have thought I would turn into some of those sex craving Vampires after a couple of drinks but she is wrong. I know, I am not perfect and I need to work on many things but loyalty isn't one of them.

I went to my room to watch Gurans one last time before I go on doing my work. I placed a kiss on her cheek and heard her whisper my name. A drop of tear from my eyes fell on her nose. Afraid she would wake up I wiped it up slowly. I placed another kiss and left.

As soon as the sun came up and I opened my eyes I heard a loud noise coming out from the outside. I went out and stood on the stairs as I saw Avenshika dancing and shouting. I flounce down and turned the music off and glared at her. She stopped singing and smiled at me.

"What are you doing, Amol? I was just doing my exercise," she pouted.

"If you wanna do exercise, go out. This is my house and I like it quiet,"

I went and sat on the couch where Bindhya brought my coffee. Avenshika came and sat on the couch in front of me.

"Do you hate me?" She asked.

"I don't hate anyone," I replied flatly.

"Even if you hate me you can't get rid of me," she sent me a wink while I glared at her.

"You...." I was about to scold her when she got up and left.

"This girl.....," I shook my head.

After that thankfully I didn't see Avenshika for weeks. Gurans had gotten closer to me and she remembered me which was a miracle. We all were shocked that she remembered me and I was rejoiced. We would sometimes cook together and watch series together. It was fun. Every time she looked at me there was this urge to kiss or devour her.