Just like the past

"Don't tease me," I said and now it was her turn to roll her eyes.

"You are weird and your family too," she said.

"They are not my family," I told her which made her just stare at me.

"Rima is my only family ..," and you, I wanted to say but didn't.

"Ok," she said flatly and sat on the bed.

"This room is nice by the way. I am still confused why live alone when you are this rich? You could have gotten a nice house in the city you know,"

I looked around the room. I knew Rima would bring her to our room. I smiled looking around and then I looked at her.

"So many questions, huh?" I sat on the couch.

"I like answers," she said and I shook my head smiling.

"How much is my salary?" She asked.

"Haven't been here for an hour and already want money,"

"Just wanted to know," she said picking up her nails.

I got up and went to sit beside her and she looked at me. For some time I got lost in her eyes. Same brown eyes which I loved to look at. I looked down between the space and started to speak.

"You need to be very careful around them. They are not as they seem. It's better if you stay away from them," I warned her while she stared at me.

"Seems like they like you. If not then why would they call you king," she said in a teasing tone and I rolled my eyes.

"You are good at rolling your eyes,"

"I can teach you if you want," I said winking.

"Don't wink at me," she said hitting me lightly and I laughed. It was somewhere good and weird to know that she was very comfortable with me.

I got up smiling. "Ok, take a rest and if need anything call me. Don't come out unless I call you. You can lock the door and sit inside,"

"Lock the door? Seriously? What are they some kind of mafias or ghosts?" She asked and shaking my head I walked towards the door.

I turned to look back at her and I don't know why I wanted to ask a question about her name.

"What is the meaning of your name by the way?"

She just looked at me for some time and then smiled.

"You don't know Maya's meaning being a Nepali?" She asked and I smiled.

I shrugged.

"It means love," she said with that proud smile.

"Who gave you that name?" I asked.

"Will it sound bad if I say me," she said, and somewhere I was 100% sure she was Gurans and she knew everything but pretended to not know.

"What's your real name?" I asked.

"Trust me you won't like it," she said.

"Hmmm," I said just staring at her.

"What hmmm?" She teased and I shook my head saying nothing.

"Just lock the door," I said leaving.

I knew she was stubborn so I asked Bindhya to keep an eye on the room. There were many things I wanted to know and the most important thing was why Gurans was acting like she doesn't know me. It hurt actually but I wanted to understand her. If she wants to keep it going this way then fine with me.