My people

🎶 How long will I love you - Ellie Goulding🎶

For a second I went all numb. I couldn't quite understand what Zar was saying. I mean, was Gurans back?

I looked at Gurans and she ran to me. She looked me in the eyes but I looked at the Zar who was looking at us.

"It's me," she whispered.

I know it was Gurans's body but was it really Gurans?

I waited for Zar to speak but all he did was smile so it made me believe that she wasn't my Maya.

I took my steps back not bothering to look at her cause I knew one look at her and I would believe it was her.

Zar walked inside and kept smiling. I was annoyed with his smile.

"What are you doing?" He asked pretending to not know anything.

"You tell me what's going on," I said about to lose my mind.

"She is your wife," he said but still I couldn't believe him.

"Prove it then," as it slipped from my mouth I somewhere wished I hadn't said that. I couldn't look at Gurans afraid I would see her hurt.

"Sure," Zar smiled.

I stood there looking at Zar and trying my best to not look at her.

"Tell him," he said to her.

I don't know what he was asking her to say but I didn't bother to look at her.

"How sad is it to know that you don't even want to look at me," I heard her say.

My hands turned into fists. I tried my best not to look at her but as she started to talk about our marriage and how we met, I realized it was my Gurans. I slowly looked at her and she was there standing with tears in her eyes. Zar had already left closing the door.

"I can't believe you couldn't recognize me," she cried.

"I am sorry," I apologized cause I couldn't explain to her that I would have believed her if I had looked at her. I would have believed it was her even if someone else was inside her body. That's what she did to me. That's how it was.

"I...." I couldn't speak so I stood there looking at her foot. Somewhere I was ashamed of my behaviour but what could I do? A few days back I almost lost my life when that witch got inside her.

"I understand," I heard her say. I looked at her confused about what she was saying.

"Zar told me everything," she smiled.

"How...how did you come back?" I was curious.

She slowly sat on the couch and told me everything.

"So you got your memories back as soon as you stepped inside the house after we were back from the wedding?" I was surprised.

She nodded.

"Then why didn't..."

"Zar asked me not to," she cut me off.

"Why?"

I know there must be a reason but why did he think that it wasn't important for me to know that my Maya was back.

She shrugged.

"Tell me," I said sitting beside her.

"He said I shouldn't tell you until Prarthi leaves this house,"

"But..." I was about to speak and then I realized something.

"No way," I almost freaked out.

"Zar thinks Prarthi might be that witch," she said in a very low voice.