Cousins

I was more than angry but somehow I controlled myself and went to the garden. I know I could have confronted him but my anger would get the best of me so for now I thought of letting it go, letting him go.

I called Rima and asked her to meet me. After some time she came.

"What is it?" She asked me.

"He is here for Gurans," I replied and she almost lost it.

"We both knew what was coming, Rima. No need to be surprised."

"But I thought he was here for Mother,"

"I have to take Gurans away from here. I shouldn't have brought her here," I said feeling guilty.

"There is no other safe place for her than yours," Rima stared at me.

"I am afraid you might be wrong,"

Rima smiled.

"What?"

"You know, Amol. Gurans is the luckiest girl in this world. She doesn't even know how lucky she is." She said and I shook my head.

"She isn't."

"She is and don't worry, Amol. No one can compete against a woman who is purely loved by a man and who resides in the heart of a man like yours. Nobody can hurt her when she has you," she stated and I almost weep at those words.

"Noone can take her away from you not even herself," She came near me and gave me a tight hug that I needed.

"What about Ratna's parents?" I asked her as she pulled out of the hug.

"I am keeping eye on them. They wanted to live with me in the palace but I refused," she answered with a smirk on her face.

"You need to be careful," I said.

"I will,"

She left after that and bindhya called me to have dinner. I went and there he was trying to make conversation with Gurans. My blood boiled looking at his face. Gurans looked at me begging with her eyes to save her. I sat on the chair beside her and looked at my mother's brother.

"So? When are you leaving?" I asked him.

"Haven't been here for a day and you are already asking me when I am leaving?" He smiled.

"No, no. I didn't mean it like that," I forced a smile.

"You must have your work and everything so and also mother is not here so..." I shrugged.

"I am leaving tomorrow in the morning," he said but I refused to speak. "My family wanted to meet you but they couldn't this time,"

I ate my food without responding to him. Gurans was looking at me time and again so I smiled at her. I looked at mama and found him smiling while eating.

"What's the matter?" I questioned.

He looked at me. "What?"

"You are smiling," I said plainly. I wanted to talk to him about what I heard earlier but didn't.

"Nothing... It's just tomorrow I am going to meet someone very special," he said, and deep down I knew whom he was going to meet.

I nodded keeping straight face while all he did was smile. He then turned his attention to Gurans.

"So Gurans how did you fall in love with him?" He asked her while she looked at me.

I smiled. "It was me who fell for her at the very first sight and then I asked her to marry me," I didn't take my eyes off her.