Careless whisper

Knock, knock.

Camie Utsushimi impatiently waited in front of his door. She didn't bother to look around, used to his neighborhood at night. She checked her phone for the time, yeah she was late like usual.

It was the day he came back and she had come over to hang like they planned. She heard the clumsy footsteps of him making his way to the door. He
didn't hesitate to open it all the way. "Hey, Camie." He stood to the side as she casually walked into the place, feeling at home. He closed the door and followed behind her. She was in leggings and a shoulder slipping v-neck. He was in grey sweats and a plain white T-shirt.

She flopped onto his couch, grabbing his remote, starting to scroll for something to see. "So should we watch something bad?" I'm in a cringe mood fam."

"Uh, yeah, sure." Izuku rubbed the back of his hair as he sat beside her. "B-But actually Camie, I kinda wanted to talk to you about something." With a serious hint in his voice.

Her ears perked, hearing it. She took her eyes off the TV looking at him for a moment before replying. "Oh my god, you're pregnant."

"What, no. Look Camie, this is kinda serious."

"Okay, okay I'll be good." She giggled as if just thinking about sitting still made it a lot harder for her to actually stay still in her seat.

"Why are you like this?"

"I think it has to do with my quirk and how it likes to hide the truth. It probably affected my development on a subconscious level, which is why I can act like a blonde bimbo but also take on high-risk espionage missions."

"Wait, are you for real?"

"Nah, I'm messing with you. I just love memes."

"Oh for the love of-, do you want to start an agency together!" Deciding it was better to just outright state what he wanted, instead of building up to it.

That was able to catch her off guard. "Of course you idiot!" She dropped his control and tackled him into a hug, causing him to fall back on the armrest with her on top of him.

"That thing was expensive." Seeing and hearing his control hit the ground with a bouncing roll. He winced at each thud. Then her words sank in. "Wait, really?"

"Well, duh I always wanted to, remember." She removed her arms from around him, instead placing her hands on his chest to push her up.

"No, I know, it's just there's something else to it, I was trying to get to it but well, yeah."

She tilted her head with big curious orbs looking down at him. "Oh, yeah? What is it?"

"The thing is Camie, actually can you get off me first?"

"Nope."

"Okay, um, I've had a lot of time to think during my vacation and something happened. I've realized that I can't work there. I want to take the next step as a hero but before I can do that I have to sort out my personal life."

"Okay..?" Letting out confused, raising an eyebrow.

"And that means we can't keep doing this." He motioned with his hands in between him and her. "The sleeping together, I mean."

Her big blinking orbs continued to look down at him with a blank expression, not giving him a response.

"Um, Camie?"

"Okay."

"H-Huh?" Wondering how she came to that conclusion with a simple moment of thought. "You're okay with it?"

She began to climb off of him, getting off the couch, standing up. Her facial expression was as normal as ever, with those pouty lips and ditzy eyes blinking away without a care. She shrugged her shoulders, tilting her head, her long golden locks flowed to the movement. "Like I said, I just wanted to stand by you and I can."

"Camie..." He let out with a parted lips, but before he could reply he noticed she was getting ready to leave. "W-Wait, you're leaving?"

"Hm? But didn't you say we were going to stop doing this. If we're going to start an agency and become partners then I'm gonna have to take things more seriously." And her face still had her normal blank expression. She was getting ready to leave as she turned to the door.

He closed his eyes as he let out a heavy sigh. "I know you're using your quirk to hide your quirk."

"Eh? What are you talking about? No, I'm not."

"Camie, you're talking too normal."

Blink, blink. She continued to keep that expression plastered on her face but right before she turned away, Izuku swore he saw a bit of that glamorous pink smoke that lingered around her quirk. She had opened the door but hesitated for a moment. She turned back to him and said, "Izuku, if you take that next step then that means you have to stop relying on that."

"I know but do you think... Can you do it one more time?"

"Sure."

And she left, closing the door.

Izuku could only sit there. In the middle of the empty living room, it started to appear one last time, the illusion Camie would show Izuku whenever he didn't think he was worthy of carrying the weight of the world, it was a simple image but it was all he needed.

In front of Izuku Midoriya was All-Might in his hero form, smiling down at him.

"You can be a hero."