Colour My World

Instead of a coffee shop or something like that, Reiko led them back to her place, saying she made the best coffee.

"Hey, we can read while sipping on coffee." Izuku mentioned.

She nodded her head. "Precisely why my homestead is optimal." She then glanced down and mumbled it with shy earnest. "Thank you for understanding our debate was simply that and for not taking it personal."

"Hm, oh, of course why wouldn't it be? I mean we do have differing opinions but we both enjoy the story right?" Then he scratched his cheek, glancing down, matching her shy earnest. "I-It's actually the first time I got to talk about it with anyone. Sorry if I got too excited." He gave an awkward chuckle at the end.

But she whispered it, with a blush blooming on her pale cheekbones. "Me too." Saying so much with just those two words.

They reached her apartment as the rain got heavy and she led them inside, both with slightly damp clothes. It was similar to his home in terms of size and space but she had decorated hers with a more dark goth aesthetic. She easily used her quirk to light the candles around her home, making it look like witchcraft.

"Whoa, how did you do that?"

"Well placed matches. As long as I am aware of their location I can activate my quirk to flick them on."

"Simple yet effective." He said in awe, noticing she didn't need to turn on the lights. The living room was lit up well enough.

"Please rest, I'll make the coffee."

He placed the books they had checked out onto the kitchen counter. He noticed that she had an old fashion coffee maker, not the electric ones. He raised his eyebrow but didn't comment on it. He opted to sit by the counter, watching her make coffee as they casually talked.

"The last time we worked together was at the supposed haunted mansion, right?"

She nodded, grinding the coffee beans. "Yes, if memory serves correctly, it was also the first raid you led."

This time it was Izuku's turn to grow a small blush. "Ah, y-you remember that?"

She actually giggled, hearing his embarrassed words, pouring the ground up coffee beans on the filter. "I do recall how proud Mirko was of you."

"Sh-She was, wasn't she? I still don't get why she forced me to take a break while she's out hopping around." He sulked.

"It is her agency. But I do have a question I've been asking since the raid?"

He rolled his eyes at her reasoning. He slumped forward, landing his elbow on the counter, placing his cheek on his hand, holding up his head. "Hm, what is it?"

"Why did you inquire for me? Surely Tokoyami could have held his own in terms of information about the occult."

Izuku lifted himself from the counter as if trying to avoid the question until he couldn't. He mentally debated before sighing and giving in. "The truth?" She nodded again. "Well it's cause I was actually really nervous about that raid. And I was worried that I might spin out with my words and no one would understand me, you know how I get... I was reassured with you there, not only because of your info but also because, you'd be able to understand me and give out orders in my place..."

"Izuku, if I may?" He nodded at her to continue. "You were an above par leader and I would willingly trust you with my life in any situation."

"O-Oi, R-Reiko?! D-Don't just say something like that as if we're going into some big battle tomorrow."

"We are always bound by the chains of fate, demise is always around. And if danger were to arise, vacation won't hinder your vigil towards peace."

"Y-Yeah but still..."