Stay

Mirko was hopping along the city skyline. She was a little more eager and impatient than usual. Izuku's vacation was getting closer and closer to ending with each day that passed by, meaning they would be out patrolling together like if nothing ever changed.      

She was heading back to the agency to take a break, and a break for Mirko was a light workout in the gym. She landed on the roof of the building. She stretched a bit before heading inside through a door that was meant to be a fire escape but more often than not it was Izuku's and hers preferred form of entry. She figured Makoto was in her office filing paperwork, or getting meetings ready, or something for the press, somehow she was a harder worker than Mirko and Deku. Rumi wanted to go pay her a visit before she started her workout. The door to her office was already open. Mirko tilted her head, usually, Makoto kept the door closed. She walked inside seeing Izuku and heard Makoto's shocked voice. 

"Huh, what is this? A letter of resignation? I-Izuku I don't-,"  

"You're leaving..?" Rumi let out with parted lips. 

Her voice caused him to tense up before slowly turning around. "R-Rumi, it's not-,"

"Great, it's about damn time you left the nest," Mirko barked as she stormed off. 

"No, wait, Rumi!" He didn't hesitate to run after her, knowing how hot-headed she could be, and it was worse because she didn't understand the situation. He was hoping to be able to reach her before she left the building because if she got outside then she would easily leap away. Unfortunately, his concerns were realized as she had made her way to the roof, and by the time he reached her, she didn't respond to his calls and didn't hesitate to jump high and far away.

"Rumi, wait!" He tried one more time before he activated full cowling and chased after her. They hopped around the city skyline like when they would patrolling together. Rumi gritted her teeth refusing to let those memories flood in. It wasn't until they reached a bridge that the thoughts suck their way in, it was at that bridge where Izuku saved her from falling into the water after an explosion caused by a major car accident that they were helping at. That was the first time she saw the concern for her well-being in his eyes.

It was the first time she was fine with letting herself rely on someone else.  "And now he's going away, just like that?" She mumbled that part with a quivering lip before landing on an archway of the bridge, biting down on her lip refusing to let out that stupid liquid bubbling to the surface. Instead, she leapt off again, shouting, "DAMN IT!"             

Izuku landed on the spot she had. He sighed sagging his shoulders hearing her yell out her frustrations. He knew due to her hothead nature, he would have to chase her until she is completely exhausted if he even wanted a chance to talk to her. He gulped as he reached into his pocket, "This isn't how it was supposed to go." He straightened himself out before going after Rumi.

It was early noon when they started jumping around the city. It wasn't until sunset Rumi finally showed signs of slowing down, but when he finally caught up to her, landing on the same roof as her, and attempted to talk to her, he was kicked off the skyscraper. He didn't catch back up to her until night.

The moon was a beautiful blue.

She had gone as far as she could, ending up at the beach Izuku had cleaned up when he first started training to become a hero. He had told her stories of it and in turn, they had visited it numerous times to work out and escape the gym. "Why?" She wanted to know why she ended up here but she already knew. Working out here with Izuku was the closest thing to comfort she had. She stared off at the endless sea that reflected the moonlight on shimmering waves.      

 "Rumi, you've literally ran as far as possible. Please, can you finally hear me out?"

"No, damn it! I don't want to hear it and what would I even say after!" She barked at him as she turned around and faced him. She huffed out her frustrations before her head dropped along with her bunny ears. "How am I supposed to be okay with you leaving?" 

And her fragile voice pulled at Izuku more so than it should have because of how rare it was. "Rumi I'm not leaving you, at least I don't want to."

That only caused her frustration to come back. "Don't lie, I saw what was in Makoto's hand! Well go, I've never needed anyone to stay around and save me anyways."

"You did that day on the bridge."

"This isn't a joke!"

"And remember when you were injured and I had to help you eat."

"You swore never to talk about that!"    

"And there was that time we spent three months overseas during a mission, where we basically lived together and I had to cook and clean for you or else you would have starved without having any clean clothes."

"Oh for god's sake Izuku what's your point?!" Now angry at him for something else, almost forgetting why she was mad at him in the first place. 

"Rumi, you don't need me to be a hero by your side, but" He reached into his pocket and pulled it out. "I don't want to stay by your side," Kneeling down, "At least not as a hero." 

Up until now, she had been able to stop the bubbles from emerging but once she realized what was happening the tears couldn't help but come out. "I-Izuku?"                                             

"Rumi, I want to stay by your side, forever..." He had presented the black box to her as he opened it revealing the ring. "Will you marry me?"