No More What-ifs

Midoriya and Yaoyorozu were studying in his apartment.

It was the first weekend after summer vacation.

They were in the living area, sitting next to each other on the table. His mother had left to run some errands. It was actually the first time they had been left alone together. She was internally beaming. 'I can't believe I get quality time with Midoriya! This is perfect!'

"Hey, Yaoyorozu, what did you get for this one? I can't work it out." Izuku interrupted her fantasy.

She turned her attention to him and tilted her head. It looked like he was struggling to focus, his thoughts traveling to Uraraka, and his confusing summer with Yui.

"Here, let me see." She leaned next to him, using the excuse of looking at the paper. Their bodies were touching due to their closeness, she felt him stiffen as her cleavage 'accidentally' brushed up against his arm, almost hugging it.

"Oh, it was just a small miscalculation here." Her breath grazed into his ear canal, and he couldn't help a weak shiver, before scooting away slightly.

"S-Sorry." He didn't even know why he was apologizing.

Momo's eyebrows knitted in concern. He was more jittery and unsure around her. "Midoriya, is something the matter? You seem off?"

"Huh? Um, n-no, it's nothing, really." He couldn't tell her about Uraraka and Yui, he didn't even know how to explain it to himself. He was rejected by one and then spent a summer with the other who resembled her too much. And the whiplash of it all only set in after vacation ended. He didn't tell her, even though she knew. "I'm sorry, Yaoyorozu. I guess I'm just kinda tired. Maybe, we should call it quits for today."

"Yes, perhaps that is for the best." She agreed, closing and setting their books aside. "I'll simply give you rest." She stood up.

"Yeah, I'll see you at school."

"Nonsense." She clasped her hands together with a small cheerful hop. "I meant what I said."

"Huh?"

"Come on." She offered her hand to the confused Izuku. He hesitated but took it. She led them to the couch and sat on it. "Here, rest." Patting her own lap.

His eyes widened. "Y-Yaoyorozu, wh-what are you suggesting?"

"Do you not want to?" Her honey dripped voice capturing him.

"Um, no, it's just..."

"It's fine, it's fine." She giggled at his nerves as she guided his head down to his lap. Although she was pretending to be so sure of herself, inside she was just as nervous as him.

At first, it was awkward and a bit uncomfortable for them both, mostly because the other didn't want to move in case they made the other uncomfortable, but as the minutes ticked away, they loosened up. Her hand would naturally play and pet his hair, soothing him as she hummed absently.

"Can you start calling me, Momo, I-zu-ku..?"

He opened his eyes, not realizing he fell asleep.

And he woke up in the restaurant, with Momo next to him.

Izuku and Yaoyorozu were in his rented car.

It was early morning, barely anyone was awake, so the chances of them getting caught was low. It was a quiet drive. They were both in a mess of their clothes from last night. Momo was keeping to herself, staring off at the window as the buildings passed by.

'I can't believe we actually slept together in the restaurant! I'm more shocked that they kept their word and didn't bother us for the entire night!' Izuku mentally sighed at his constantly worsening situation. 'We had an argument and how did we solve it?! We didn't and just ended up fucking!'

They were at a stoplight. Izuku tapped on the steering wheel before opening his mouth. "Momo... Listen..."

"Don't... You... You don't have to say it." She turned her head slightly to him but never directly

He tightened his grip on the steering wheel. He cleared his throat. "It's just... Look I don't know what to think. You, me... I wanted it to work but..."

"I-Izuku, I said you didn't have to..." She whispered, keeping her eyes on the window and passing scenery as the car began to move.

"I want to-, we need-," He took a deep breath. "Alright, Momo."

He didn't take his eyes off the road but he removed his hand from the steering wheel, he reached across for her hand, it was limp by her side but he clasped it, intertwining their fingers. One squeezed and the other squeezed back.

And they held hands in silence as he drove and she stared off. Both of them sharing the last daydream of 'what if.'

He parked the car as they reached her apartment. He finally decided to speak again. "Momo, I will always love you." He broke his hand away. "But, I can't trust you..."

She opened the car door, the rustling wind entering their ears, the gray morning sky had yet to clear. He was staring at her as she made her way out of the car. After fully exiting the vehicle, she faced Izuku.

Her cheeks were pale to the cold but there was an earnest blush sprinkled on as she carried the sad daydream of her smile.

"Goodbye, Midoriya..." Was all she could say, walking away.

Izuku drove off and parked by a secluded area. He groaned out his frustrations and feelings. He dropped his head on the steering column. It was as if he wanted to cry but just couldn't. He simply felt hollow. After fate felt like Izuku had enough of a break and self-pity it decided to bother him in the shape of a call.

"Of course." He slouched back on the seat as he pulled out his phone. He checked the contact name and was honestly debating on whether or not to answer it. He reluctantly caved and answered it.

"Hello, Makoto."

"Guess who has a date with Mt Lady tonight!"

"OH, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"