Little Talks

Izuku and Momo stared at each other, both stunned. One for being caught and the other for catching him. She wasn't in her hero suit, she was in a casual business attire. A tucked-in blouse, tight skirt, nylon stockings, and heels. Even her signature ponytail was tied into a bun.

"I-Izuku, what are, er, I was going to call." She took a hesitant step as she closed the door, even locking it.

"O-Oh, yeah me too, it's just um, after the concert and..." He also took a hesitant step forward.

"Y-Yes I heard, you and Mt. Lady." She slid her foot back, her hand clamped over her chest. 'Was it really just a simple one night stand to him?'

His eyes widened before wincing because he saw the insecurity in her eyes. "N-No, Momo it's not like that. Makoto just did that for publicity. It has nothing to do with my personal life, nothing to do with this. H-Honestly the highlight of that day was when I heard your support."

"R-Really?" She lifted her hand from her chest and fixed a loose strand of hair. "Th-The highlight for me was seeing you be my-, a hero..." Admitting it as her cheeks tinted a shy pink.

They were sharing eye contact. Their lips pulled into a natural shared smile.

She kept the smile until she let out an 'ugh' before spilling her thoughts. "Izuku, I'm sorry I didn't reply to your text. I was just really embarrassed. I don't do those things. I didn't know the proper protocol, especially between friends."

His jaw dropped. "It was the same for me too! I didn't know to stay or leave. I'm sorry about your bed, by the way, I already ordered you a new one. I didn't even know if I should have messaged you. After I hit send, it felt like a mistake..." His rambling trailed off as they grew closer.

For a moment, neither said anything, simply inhaling each other's presence, her elegant fragrance to his heroic musk. She had slightly parted lips, breaking eye contact to stare at his lips.

"Was it a mistake," She whispered as her lips ever so gracefully brushed against his. "Izuku?"

He didn't reply, instead, he was captivated by her allure. He glanced at her lips before raising them to her half-lidded wanting onyx orbs. He closed his own emerald eyes and went for it, giving her his answer.

And just like at her new apartment they started to make out like hormonal teenagers that couldn't keep their hands off each other. It led them to the desk, she leaned on it, as he grabbed her hips, lifting and placing her on it as she locked her legs around his waist.

She was in the middle of laying down as he was climbing on top of her, right as her office phone rang.

They both paused, thinking about it.

"I-Izuku?"

"I know."

They were panting with their foreheads pressed together as they reluctantly broke away. Momo reached around Izuku to get to the phone, answering it on speaker.

"Hello?" She tried to keep her breathing as even as possible.

"Yaoyorozu, have you seen Midoriya? Our receptionist said he already entered the building. We made plans for lunch but he hasn't shown up."

"Oh, Izuku, you say?" Her eyes narrowed as she glared at the phone then at him and back to the phone. "Yes, he's here actually. I'll send him right over." She was about to hang up on him but Izuku interrupted, seeing the look in her eyes.

"A-Actually Todoroki, I have something I wanted to talk to Momo about, can you give me a few minutes?"

"Oh, Midoriya, um sure no problem. See you in a bit." Hanging up.

Momo had her eyes closed with raised eyebrows as if trying to process it. "Get off me."

"M-Momo, er, look..." He did back away to give her room as she slid off her desk, fixing her clothes.

"I can't believe you. You only came because of Todoroki. You were simply forced into confronting me, weren't you? I was simply an afterthought, wasn't I?" She seethed in whispers so no one around the office could hear their argument.

"What? Of course, you're not, Momo. Okay, I admit I came because of Todoroki, but I'm the one who invited him."

"You're not making it better!" She crossed her arms with knitted eyebrows, wanting an understandable reason she could grasp, not wanting her insecure thoughts to be true.

"I know it sounds bad but hear me out. Th-The only reason I asked him is so I could have an excuse to come a-and hopefully run into you. I wanted to call, really, but every time I saw your name on my phone I would get so much anxiety. I think I had to trick myself into seeing you because I could have just snuck into Todoroki's office to avoid you but I didn't. I snuck into yours hoping to get caught, c-cause I wanted to see you, Momo."

She had lowered her arms, softening her expression. "Do you realize how much mental gymnastics you're doing right now." But she had a small giggle added at the end. "I actually believe you because I had to do the same to justify not replying."

"Oh, so you're also a gold medalist when it comes to overthinking?" He chuckled.

"Unfortunately, I am." She sighed before smiling at him.

"Look Momo, I know it's kinda confusing between us right now but do you think we can talk about it over dinner?"

"Wait, like a date? I-Izuku are you asking me out?"

He scratched his cheek. "Um, yeah, basically, if that's okay."

"Of course it is!" She couldn't help it and tackled him into a hug. "Oh, Izuku!"