Incondicional

There was a certain serenity that washed over me as the train traveled through the countryside, as I left the city.

It was a quiet ride.

He glanced at the window, watching the scenery pass him by as he thought about everything that's happened. He leaned forward on his seat, clasping his hands together over his legs, thinking intently.

'Things were a lot simple before my vacation started.' And he hated how true it was. Before, he would let himself think about Momo and the possibility. Before, he wasn't walking on a tight rope trying to figure out Rumi. Before, he didn't have to think about his vaguely established relationship with Camie.

His lips pulled up slightly as he recalled his first patrol with Mirko.

Mirko and Deku were traveling through the city, hopping over and around skyscrapers. It was high noon and the criminal activity was as active as ever.

"Listen up rookie, I've been running it solo my entire time as a hero so I'm only gonna ask two things of you!" She yelled through the air. She raised two fingers up at him. "Keep up and don't get in my way!"

"Those-, Those sound like contradictions?" He replied, not trying to sound rude, he didn't want to leave a bad impression on his first day working with her. He left a great impact at his debut and he felt good about it, at first. 'But now it feels like high expectations have been placed on me! Higher than the ones I was expecting!'

"Tch, it'll make sense in the heat of battle!" Mirko rolled her eyes at his naive nature. 'Why the hell did I let myself get roped in by that Makoto and start this agency.'

Mirko worked alone and that's how she liked it. One day she met the publicist during a meet and greet. Makoto used that silver tongue of hers to convince Mirko she needed someone to watch out for her, given her new handicap. Makoto put it in a way that sounded like it would reassure Mirko's fans.

It wasn't because she, herself, needed the reassurance. 'I don't need it, if anything the rookie is gonna slow me down!'

Rumi gritted her teeth before deciding to kick it up a notch.

Izuku was caught off guard by her higher pace but kept up nonetheless not wanting to disappoint her.

They spent their first day together with her trying to exhaust him only to find him doing his best to prove his worth.

It was during the pale moonlight as their patrol came to an end, she didn't want to admit but the rookie more than held his own, begrudgingly accepting that he could help lighten the load. They were on the roof of a skyscraper, taking a break. They were on the ledge, overlooking the city.

He glanced to the side catching a peek of her. His lips parted in awe, realizing why she was called the lunar bunny. The moon was radiating off her hair as it flowed elegantly along with the wind, her skin had a light sweat that glistened in the light as if basking in her strength, and her crimson eyes had a sleek blood glare that seemed to shine through the night.

Mirko noticed him staring and assumed it was because he was waiting for some type of evaluation after finishing his first day. This was another reason she regretted working with people, being forced to communicate effectively even when not facing dangerous situations. She wasn't really good at expressing sentimental crap and the rookie definitely looked like the type that gushed sentimentality. And whether she liked it or not he did prove his worth and deserved something at least, especially considering she was trying to deter him.

She didn't know what to say or do but managed something. She turned to him with a small grin, deciding to wing it.

"You more than held your own out there!" She lunged at him, capturing him in the headlock she would start to use whenever she wanted to show express care for him.

Although he always saw it as a tease and was extremely flustered right now. "M-Mirko?!"

"Listen, praise won't save lives so don't expect it to come from me, today's the only exception, got it?"

"Got it."

She let him go and he stumbled back. He wiped his face and then scratched his cheek. He then glanced at her and said,

"Even if today is just an exception, still, thanks. I'll be sure to work hard and stay by your side."

And he was smiling at her.

It skipped a beat. Her eyes widened for a moment, not realizing what it was.

"Er, right. C'mon, let's get going." She shrugged off the weird feeling growing in her chest.

"Right behind you!"

Izuku shook his head with a chuckle. "She never did stop with the headlocks." His smile slowly faded. He didn't realize how much fun his rookie year with Mirko was until now. Back then he was simply living out his dream of being a hero.

But that fantasy began to settle into reality after he met Camie.

Now arriving

The intercom spoke as it reached his stop. He took a breath before getting up and grabbing his bag. He exited the train, stepping onto the platform. He slung his bag over his shoulder and looked around.

"Midoriya, over here." She waved over at him.

His ears perked to the familiar voice, turning to it. He grew a natural smile seeing them, waving back at them.

"Oh, Sosaki! Kota!"

They walked to each other with Kota, with the most hurried steps. As soon as they met up Izuku smiled down at him after noticing his shoes. Kota glanced up at him with a bashful smile but it perked up at his hero's words.

"We match!" Showing off his signature shoes next to Kota.

"Oh, hold on you two, let me get a picture with the both of you showing off your shoes!" Mandalay pulled out her phone, aiming it at them.

Kota rolled his eyes. "Quit it." But he wasn't doing anything to stop it, if anything he was posing more so alongside Izuku.

Mandalay smiled after capturing the picture. "We should get going, we have your room set up."

"Ah, thanks. Are you sure it's not a bother? I can check myself into a hotel."

She casually played him off. "Nonsense, Kota practically begged for you to stay with us. Besides you're like family." She placed her hand on his arm, rubbing it up and down his scarred bicep. She had a playful smile as they walked off the platform.

He smiled back and for the first time, let himself enjoy his vacation.

I sent Uraraka a goodbye message, I told Yui no, and I ended it with Momo.

That past is over...

So yeah I decided on writing the Mandalay plotline because it is integral to the story as a whole so yeah, my bad for introducing it then saying it won't happen then turning around and actually writing that's my bad.
Hope you enjoyed

till next time!