Somewhere over the rainbow, what a wonderful world

One year later

Izuku was hopping through the city as his patrol was coming to end. The night shifts were mainly Camie's side of the job. Their agency was actually running smoothly and their relationship was only platonic and professional, both of them were considered top heroes at this point, even ranked in the top ten. Izuku had reached his dream with Camie staying by his side.   

He noticed the library from the corner of his eye. "Oh, I should check out that new book before it closes." 

He walked down to the same area he did last time, the romance section. He found the book and pulled it out of the shelf. He flipped through some pages before closing it with a content sigh, because unlike last year, he had found what he was looking for.   

"Huh?" He noticed a familiar figure sitting at the table. He walked up to her and tapped her shoulder. "Hey, Reiko, the library's closing soon."

She was so focused on her reading she forgot the world around her, until Izuku pulled her out of it. "Hm, oh greetings Izuku, I seem to have lost track of time. I should proceed to make my way home, pardon me." She got up from her seat and they both began to make their way out of the library after they both checked out copies of the same book. 

"I'll see you at book club." He waved to her as they said goodbye. That was actually how they were able to mend their friendship, they had both joined the same book club randomly, both with the intention of finding new reading partners, eventually able to patch things up over time. 

Izuku continued to make his way home, by leaping through the buildings. He got a text. He pulled out his phone and glanced at it. It was a picture with a caption saying, 'Deku, Deku!'  

It was a picture that Yu had sent, it was of her, Uraraka, and Yui, all three of them were cosplaying Deku. It was a promotional poster for an upcoming project involving both of their agencies. The fabricated relationship he was in with Yu had gone as planned with them breaking up while staying close as heroes at least that was how it was portrayed to the public. Yui's and Izuku's relationship was the same as ever, mentioning her stuffed Kaiju, Rex from time to time. His and Uraraka's relationship was still strained but both were willing to work on it.  

He didn't bother to reply, only rolling his eyes at the picture before putting his phone away as his apartment complex came into view. He landed in front of the building walking up the stairs to his apartment like a normal person, not using his full cowling. As he walked past his neighbor's door he could hear Makoto and his personal news reporter having a 'small' drinking contest next door that was easily audible. Funnily enough, they had become great friends after he was out of the picture. 

He received one more call before he entered his apartment. "Hello, Midoriya, are you still going to be able to make it to the little get-together we planned with everyone?" 

"Yeah, Yaoyorozu, I'm just getting home to get ready, and we'll be on our way." They both said goodbye to each other over the phone.      

"It looks like you were able to follow the red string of fate, after all, Izuku Midoriya." Nana Shimura gave him an encouraging shove. 

He glanced back but no one was there. He let out a small smile. "Yeah, I was, thanks." He whispered his appreciation.   

Izuku had a smile as he made his way into his home. "Honey, I'm home." He placed his keys and the book on the stand by the door. On the stand was a framed picture that always greeted him whenever he entered their home.