Chapter 21

*Blair's POV*

Mark and I have concluded that I have some type of bug. We haven't gotten any visit from anybody worried I would give it to them as well. I keep trying to reassure him that it's probably just a stomach bug but at this point, I have no clue what it is.

From throwing up every day to barely eating because everything I do eat either makes me nauseous or makes me throw it up.

Certainly, this wasn't from an apple. But I can't think of anything else that could be causing me to be this sick.

Because of this "bug", we haven't done the ceremony either. 

The feeling in my stomach arises once again and I get up from my spot on the couch to run to the bathroom. Then I throw up the little food I had for breakfast.

Mark is rubbing my back in an instant handing me a glass of water once I finish.

"Are you sure we shouldn't go to the pack doctor?" He asks again.

"Yes I'm sure, it's just a bug. Well, give it a few days to get out."

"It's been three days!" He says starting to get angry.

"Patience Mark," I tell him. He rolls his eyes at me and leaves me to brush my teeth. Once I finish I make my way back to the living room.

I pick up my spellbook and continue working on the spell. So far, I have been able to learn and memorize numerous spells. At the speed I'm going I'm almost at the end of the book.

Marilyn and I have met here and there to work on the spells but other than that Mark doesn't want me out of the house worried for my safety with the other rogues on their way.

We still have no clue when they will be coming so we have just been trying to get prepared. I'm currently trying to learn the animal spell. Which as simple as it sounds, is a spell to make any animal. Mark and I thought that this would help us in trying to see the other rogues.

Every time Mark goes out I have stayed home now since no one was allowed out of their houses other than the patrol. The whole pack is on lockdown and I haven't seen Krissy or Jones in days..

Snapping myself out of my thoughts I put the book down and head to the backyard. I kneel down and focus hard on a patch of grass in front of me.

"Cornix Partum" I mumble.

The grass and dirt began to move up in a circular motion, like a tornado. The wind picked up and fog started to appear. The sunny day that we had seconds before this became a foggy rainy day.

Then the tiny tornado fell leaving a crow. I was shocked at first when the sunny day came back like nothing. I gently picked the crow up and walked inside.

I gently placed it down on the table and went into the kitchen grabbing bread slices. I cut them into tiny pieces and leave them for it to eat. All the energy I used surely did make me tired. Ignoring the aching in my head, I run up the stairs looking for Mark.

"Mark!" I scream walking into his office.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Guess what I did!" I say grabbing his arm and walking down the stairs. Leading him into the kitchen he stands shocked looking at the crow eating bread.

A big smile covers my face as I see his face.

"You did this?" He asks me.

"Mhm!" I respond. I grab onto Mark's arm feeling my energy drain faster than it ever has before.

"Blair?" He asks. But his voice is sounding farther away by the second. Another wave of nausea passes by me so fast leaving me dizzy. I can see Mark talking but I can't hear him. Then black spots begin to crowd my vision. I try fighting off the sleep from getting to me but it's no use as I let the darkness overcome the feeling of exhaustion that I have been feeling.