Chapter 13

*Blair's Pov*

Putting my backpack down on the grass do I shift into my wolf waiting for Mark. I watch as he shifts into his and I lead the way out of the border.

Surprisingly for once, Mark lets me lead the way but is still running next to me. Since I haven't exactly given Mark permission to mark me, it was harder to communicate where to go. I just made sure he followed me.

We've been running for hours until I finally found the route I wanted. Following it I went to my little cave. I quickly went inside and made sure to make it known for Mark to stay outside. I shifted and changed into a pair of clothes.

"You can come in," I tell him. I hear his paws coming inside and I point to my backpack with his clothes. I turn around to give him his own privacy and soon hear the sound of bones breaking.

"Where are we?" He asks.

"Were at my old cave, I lived here before I knew I was your mate."

"Oh, you can turn around." I turn around and look around the room. Finally, my eyes land on my rock.

"Rocky!" I yell at the rock. I go pick it up and carry it like a baby. While Mark just stares at me like I've gone crazy.

"Oh, Mark this is Rocky, Rocky this is Mark." I introduce the two.

"Uh Blair, it's a rock.." He says. I quickly cover rocky sides to prevent him from listening.

"Don't be so rude Mark," I say as I remove my hands from its side and put it back on the table.

"Sorry?" He says. I roll my eyes at him and watch as he looks around the room.

"So you slept here every night?" He asks.

"Yup"

"Damn" But I just shrug my shoulders.

"Hope you don't mind laying on the floor for a night," I tell him while setting up some blankets on the floor to try to make it less hard.

"It's cool," He tells me. I quickly get ready and into the covers.

"You can come to lay down."

"Are you sure no one will find us?"

"I mean no but I think we can take care of ourselves."

"Yea your right," He says getting in next to me. He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"Night," I tell him hugging his arm.

"Night,"

~

By the time the sun rose Mark was already awake. I get out of the covers slowly and make my way to him.

"Morning," I tell him kissing his cheek.

"Good morning"

I grab two apples from a little corner and hand him one.

"Here, I know it's not what you're used too but we won't be too long." He nods and follows me out of the cave.

I strip off my clothes and put them in the backpack throwing them to Mark and quickly shifting right after. Once I see him put his clothes away do I grab the backpack and start to make my way over to the route we need to take.

We run right next to each other for what seems like hours. Finally, we see a castle-like house and I stop.

This was my house.

Forgetting about Mark I shift and hurry to put on my clothes. I throw the backpack to Mark and run inside.

It's quiet and empty.

There are spider webs almost everywhere. I go into the living room to see a mess. Not the way my mom liked having her house. Clean and Tidy.

I go into the kitchen to see many of the cabinets open and the fridge on the floor. I go towards the stairs and go into my old bedroom. The books I had as a child were everywhere on the floor. The bedsheets were everywhere.

"Damn what the hell happened?" Mark asks scaring me.

"Rogues probably"

"Mm"

"Anywho the reason we came," I tell him to leave the room and going into my parents. I begin to look for the book.

I turn to see Mark doing the same.

I looked in the closet, bookshelves, under the bed, vases in the room. Where could it be? It's a book for goddess sake!

"Ugh!" I scream in frustration.

"Well find it." He tells me. I roll my eyes. I look around again and try to think of where it could be.

The safe!

How could I be so slow?

I quickly make my way to the bed and move it from its spot.

"What are you-"

"Shh!" I tell him shutting him up.

I enter a too well-known passcode and open the secret hiding safe.

Instantly I remember being forced in here as a young child to hide. I look around the small cave and run my hands against the wall. Finally, I reach the button on the wall and push it. In front of me, another hole opens and that's where my mother's book is.

"Woah," Mark says from behind me.

"Mhm.." I say quietly while reaching for the book. Once it's in my grasp I see the many pieces of jewelry around the book as well. Rings, necklaces, bracelets.

"Do you have the backpack?" I ask him.

"Yea," He says while handing it to me. I grab the jewelry and put it into the backpack along with the book.

Climbing out of the whole waiting for Mark, I take another last long look around the room. My eyes finally fall on the rings both my parents wore at all times. They never took those stupid things off.

Heading over to it, I grab them and put them into the backpack as well.

"Ready?" Mark asks. I nod and go over to close the safe.

"Just follow me we don't need to stop at my old cave we can make it home in time."

"Okay but stay by me," I roll my eyes at his protectiveness.

"Yes Alpha," I tell him saluting. He rolls his eyes at me and we shift and leave ready to get home.