Chapter 27

*Blair's POV*

I heard him leave around 5 in the morning.

I knew it was time I left too.

So I packed a suitcase full of clothes for me and the baby, food from the kitchen, all the baby necessities that I could bring with me, and went to his office.

I kicked the door open and found my book and bow and arrow.

Once I had everything ready I carefully picked up Carmen and swaddled her on my chest.

It was around seven when I was writing my note,

Dear Markus,

I didn't know you were such a monster when you brought me into your pack. I truly thought you were a loving man. I really thought you would bring me into a life full of happiness. But you gave me none of it the day I saw your true colors. Although it took almost a year for them to show, they came out.

I knew the first slap should have been a warning. Yet, I was too focused on love to realize.

You will never see your daughter grow up, nor will you ever see me again.

Don't think you can, I am one of the most powerful witches alive now.

Have fun being alone for the rest of your life.

Love, Blair.

I leave the note on the un-made bed and run out the doors. Walking towards the garage, I pick out a nice car and begin my journey to who knows where.

~

Carson's crying wakes me up from my nap.

I look outside of the car and see us parked in the middle of a forest.

I pick her up and feed her while I make sure that everything is okay.

We are far away from Markus' pack but that doesn't mean he won't find me.

There has to be a spell I could use to hide my scent..or even better..break the bond.

I flip through the pages on the book and finally land on one.

Breaking The Bond

Use at your own risk.

This will only affect the person who places the spell.

The other will feel the heartbreak and live in pain.

Say,

"The pain you gave me I will give you in return, for I am breaking the bond on my side of what we were forced into."

This spell will cause your scent to not be as strong towards your mate.

Your mate will always be able to recognize you.

You will not be hurt.

You will be able to find another mate.

Your mate will forever live in pain.

Im using it.

"The pain you gave me I will give you in return, for I am breaking the bond on my side of what we were forced into." I say quietly.

It begins to rain outside of the car, causing a sleeping Carmen to move in her sleep.

"He will never hurt us again," I whisper to her as I kiss her forehead.

I became a rogue at a young age, but I will always prefer a free life than stuck in a pack.

I will teach my daughter how to fight for herself.

Against men who pretend to care for you just for their own benefit.

Against anyone who would do her wrong.

Because I will die protecting my daughter.

Just as my parents had done for me.

I did not stay in that pack, I ran.

Like the rogue I was said to be.

But in the end, it's what was best for me. And now my baby.

Because I will not give my life up for any man.