Chapter 9: Keepers of the Peace.

Ser Davos had some unfinished business to attend to. He survived the Battle of Blackwater Bay. Which was unfortunate for him. Because the entire Baratheon army was destroyed. The good news was that he had ran into his old friend, Salladhor Slaan. And Davos had told Slaan that his son was dead. "I'm so sorry my friend." Was Slaan's response. "I too have lost a son. There's nothing worse in this world."

Davos still didn't say anything. "But Davos, you were a good father." Slaan reassured.

"If I was a good father, he'd still be here." Davos replied. But he needed to hear something. "Stannis lives?" He asked.

Slaan looked at him. "Stannis is dead. He was killed by blaster fire." He answered.

"Blaster fire?" Davos asked.

Slaan looked at him confused, but then he realized that Davos missed out on a lot. "After the wildfire by the Dwarf, a group of metal constructs arrived to reinforce the Lannisters. They call themselves the Separatist Alliance. They wielded technology that far surpasses anyone in this world. And Stannis's forces were completely destroyed." Slaan explained.

"Then take me to Dragonstone." Davos commanded. "If Stannis is dead then... the throne must go to the young Princess Shireen."  

"There is nothing at Dragonstone." Slaan replied.

"This war is not over." Davos pointed out.

"Actually it is." Slaan shot back. "After the death of Stannis. The Separatists attacked Dragonstone and destroyed the entire keep to the ground."

Davos was in shock. "That's impossible... It can't be."

"It can and it is my friend." Slaan put an arm around Davos.

"Take me to Dragonstone now." Davos ordered. "I need to see it with my own eyes."

"Very well." Slaan decided. "I'm traveling near the area anyway. You can get on a boat. But what you do next is up to you."

Davos thanked him.

But Slaan was right. The whole of Dragonstone looked like a pile of rubble. Davos saw it from the deck of his ship. Dragonstone once looked like a massive fortress. But now it looked more ruined than Harrenhal with smoke coming out from all directions of the top of the fortress. Davos got onto a longboat. And he got on the beach. Maybe there was just a chance. 

"Hello!" Davos yelled. "Anyone?!" But there was only the sounds of crows. Davos walked up the stairs. But there were no guards. Not even the main gate of the fortress was standing. He walked inside. "Hello!" There was only the wind echoing throughout the halls. "Princess?! Queen?!" There was no answer. "Where is everyone?" He asked.

"There all gone, Ser Davos." A voice answered. Davos turned around to see Melisandre walking up to him.

Davos was not too happy to see her. He drew his sword. "What did you do?" He asked.

"I did nothing." Melisandre answered. "And there was nothing I could do."

"What happened here?" Davos didn't lower his sword.

Melisandre looked down. "Stannis Baratheon had fallen. To the Separatist Droid Army. And the Separatists then attacked Dragonstone. I tried to protect the Queen and Princess, but the Droids outnumbered us. I was knocked out by one of the first blasts. When I came to, the Castle was in ruins, and everyone else was dead." She explained.

Davos dropped his sword and fell to his knees. "I don't believe you." He said.

"Believe it, Ser Davos." Melisandre replied. "This happened."