Chapter 14: Chaos is a Ladder.

"What were you thinking, Jon?" Sam asked in disbelief. What he was referring to was the events that happened the other day. Jon found out his sword was missing and that Ygritte had taken it from him. Jon had to ask if anyone had seen Ygritte to find out where she hid it. Jon chased Ygritte to a nearby cave in the Riverlands, and there she took off her clothes right in front of him and requested that he break his vows he made at the Wall. And that's what Jon Snow did.

"...I was weak." Jon answered. "That or Ygritte is very persuasive."

"But JON! What if the Night's Watch finds out about this? You'll be hanged!" Sam pointed out. He didn't want anything bad happen to Jon.

But Jon put a hand on Sam. "Sam, relax. We'll deal with that later. Right now we have a war to fight." Jon reassured. 

"It's still a bad idea." Sam commented. But they didn't have time for this. Two of Walder Frey's sons were meeting with Robb and the Tullys later to negotiate an alliance with House Frey. And Jon wanted to be there to support his brother. So he and Sam got a move on.  

They opened the door to see that Obi Wan, Robb, Catelyn, Cody, Edmure, and Brynden were speaking with Lame Lothar Frey and Black Walder Rivers about a potential alliance.

"Jon. Come in." Robb requested.

"Apologies for being late." Jon simply said exchanging pleasantries.

"No need to explain." Robb replied. "I was just thanking the Freys here for riding so quickly. Travel isn't easy in these times unless you have Gunships."

"The roads are crawling with Cutthroats and bandits. When the King in the North summons. We come." One of the guests said. Jon couldn't tell who it was though. 

"Our father's instructed us to tell you that his alliance with the North can continue. If his terms are met." The other person who Jon thought, must've been Lame Lothar Frey informed.

Obi Wan tried not to laugh at the name of Lame Lothar.

"And what terms would that be, if I might ask?" Obi Wan asked.

"Lord Frey requires a formal apology for your King's violation of your sacred oath to marry one of his daughters." Lothar answered.

"Of course." Robb replied. "He deserves as much. I was in the wrong." 

"Didn't stop his marriage." Cody thought under his helmet. 

"As restitution for this betrayal. He demands Harrenhal." Rivers added. "And all it's intended lands." 

That shouldn't have been a surprise. It seemed everyone wanted Harrenhal nowadays. "I don't think that's-" Edmure started to say.

"He can have it." Obi Wan interrupted. Walder Frey wanted a ruined castle, that was his business. 

"Are you sure that's wise, General Kenobi?" Edmure asked.

"He can have it." Robb repeated. He didn't see the strategic value of Harrenhal. It always was a ruined castle. And he was going to be king after the war. "Once the war is over and we have no strategic need for it." 

"Well if there's nothing else to discuss." Obi Wan said.

"There's one more thing." Lothar replied.

"We'll do whatever we can to give Lord Frey whatever he needs. Within reason." Obi Wan announced.

"Not want. Who." Rivers clarified looking at Edmure.

Edmure looked around to see everyone looking at him. And that meant one thing. The Starks and the Jedi were looking at him. So were the Freys who were smiling.