Chapter 11: Jedi Diplomacy.

The boat that carried the body of Holster Tully started to float away in the river after both Robb and The Blackfish gave it a push. Obi Wan didn't know Holster but he sounded like a good man. And Edmure had a bow in hand. He lit an arrow on fire. And he started to fire.

But Obi Wan looked at the way Edmure was firing his bow. No checking for wind direction. No aiming. Just firing. And just like Obi Wan thought, it was a miss.

"Not even close." Cody thought to himself.

No one said a word to Edmure when he turned around to face them. But Obi Wan could tell that Edmure was grieving.  Edmure grabbed another arrow, lit that on fire and shot again and it was going to miss but Obi Wan slightly held out his hand under his robe. And the arrow curved upwards and landed on the funeral boat catching fire.

The Blackfish just looked stunned at that. He really thought that Edmure would miss. He was actually about to grab the bow when he saw the flames. He let go and walked back.

"Did you use the force to help my uncle?" Robb whispered to Obi Wan.

"He clearly wasn't going to hit the boat. And the force does work in mysterious ways." Obi Wan whispered back. The answer was yes.

Robb shrugged and didn't tell anyone. Maybe it was for the best.

Later that day, Robb explained everything about the Clone Wars to his Great Uncle, Brynden "The Blackfish" Tully. And Obi Wan backed Robb up.

Brynden found it difficult to believe. But then again, there were droids as well as Clones and a fireball in the sky. So... there was no point of denial. "It's bad enough we have to deal with the Lannisters, but now we've got Droids to worry about, and on top of that. There's a Machine of a creature that has both Bran and Rickon hostage." He said.

"That's why it's critical we end the war of the 5 kings as soon as possible." Obi Wan informed.

"And that means putting Robb on the Iron Throne." Jon added.

Edmure looked confused at that. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"The Republic wants me on the throne." Robb answered. "And I'm going to take it. I have no choice."

"So what's our next plan? If I may ask?" The Blackfish asked.

Obi Wan pointed to a hologram board. "The Lannister/Separatist forces are currently holding King's Landing and will most likely be guarding the King's Highway. The best hope we have of ending the war and quickly is by taking King's Landing. And holding it." He explained.

"King's Landing is a challenge to take alone." Brynden pointed out.

"Yes, and the Separatists reinforcing the city will only make things harder. And that means more casualties." Obi Wan added.

"Any war has casualties." Cody commented.

"If I may, Nephew." Edmure interrupted. "I encountered a situation with one of my lieutenants at the stone mill which may have--"

"Will you shut your mouth about that damn mill?" The Blackfish interrupted Edmure. "And don't call him nephew. He's your king."  

"Robb knows I meant him no disrespect." Edmure said. 

"You're lucky I'm not your king. I wouldn't let you wave around your blunders like a victory parade." The Blackfish warned.

"My blunder sent Tywin Lannister's mad dogs scurrying back to Casterly Rock with his tail between his legs." Edmure shot back. "Surely King Robb understands, we're not going to win this war if he's the only one winning battles. There's plenty of glory to go around."