Chapter 19: The North Strikes Back.

By the time Catelyn Stark's body was tossed. Jamie Lannister walked into King's Landing along with Brienne of Tarth, and Qyburn. They'd been on quite the adventure too. After the death of Renly Baratheon, Catelyn Stark had tasked Brienne of Tarth to escort Jamie Lannister back to King's Landing. To make a long story short: Jamie got captured by Roose Bolton at Harrenhal, got his hand chopped off, met up with Qyburn. And that was also when he told Brienne the true story of the Mad King. But eventually, they all made it to King's Landing. But it didn't look the same. Jamie could see Droids patrolling the streets. He heard rumors of his family now working with the Separatists, but he had no idea on what they looked like. Now he did, and he thought they looked weird. That was when a Droid approached him. But more of that later. He was off to the Red Keep.

But unfortunately, he was stopped at the door by a Droid. "Halt." The Droid ordered.

Jamie grumbled. He'd been through a lot of stuff already. "I'm Ser Jamie Lannister. I'm here to speak to my sister. Now let me pass." He started to move but the droid held him back.

"Let me see your identification." The Droid held out his hand.

"Identification?" Jamie asked in disbelief. "I'm the Queen Regents Twin brother." 

The Droid looked at him. "Well, you do look like the Queen." He said.

"Good." Jamie replied. "Now get out of my way." He pushed the Droid aside.

"Hey! That's just rude!" The Droid yelled. Great security by the Separatists.

Cersei was in her chambers inspecting a shell when Jamie walked in. "Cersei." Cersei recognized that voice anywhere. She turned to look and see that her brother and lover was back. And Cersei was ecstatic. Even if Jamie did look like hammered shit.

The rest of the day saw Jamie Lannister get his Kings Guard armor, his hair cut short, he caught up on all the events while he was on the run. The Clone Wars, The war of the 5 Kings, the war against Robb Stark, the death of Catelyn Stark, and the alliance with the Separatists. And Jamie was given a new mechanical hand by Grievous on the orders of Tywin. Which Cersei found disappointing because she had planned to give Jamie a golden hand. 

"New Technology. Sounds effective." Jamie commented as if his mechanical hand was made of flesh.

"There's more." Tywin gave him a new sword. 

Jamie felt the new shiny blade he was given. It felt light but strong. "Magnificent. Looks freshly forged." He said.

"Because it is." Tywin replied.

"What you're looking at right there is Beskar. Or rather, Mandalorian Iron. Very rare, very powerful." Grievous explained. "More so than your Valyrian Steel."

"But if it's so valuable, how did you get it?" Jamie asked.

"Count Dooku got it from some Mandalorian named Pre Visla. And by that I mean, he took it from him." Grievous answered. Grievous only had enough to forge a Beskar sword, but Grievous already had the lightsabers, so there was really no point in keeping it.

"Well thank you." Jamie thanked.

But there was still something on Tywin's mind. And that involved Jamie Lannister. "You couldn't defend the King with one hand." He started.

"Where's that written? I could've and I would've. The Kings Guard is for life" Jamie replied with his still arrogant attitude.

"The war is over, the king is safe." Tywin shot back.

"The king is never safe. How many people in this city alone would love to see his head on a pike?" Jamie asked.

"Other Knights protected the King when you were a prisoner." Tywin answered. "And will continue to do so when you go home."