Chapter 10: Gears in the River.

"Hm, Prince Jon Snow. How does it sound?" Ygritte asked.

Jon starred at Ygritte and shook his head. Sam, Robb and Obi Wan were also walking with them.

"Come on, say it with me. Prince Jon Snow." Ygritte said. She then began to make mocking tones to Jon. "Oh help dear Prince Jon Snow. Don't worry, our Prince who knows nothing will be around to save us all."

Robb and Sam laughed. "Jon, where did you find this girl?" Robb asked.

"We didn't she found us." Sam answered.

Jon shot Sam a look. Sam stopped laughing. "It's not going to happen Ygritte, I'm a bastard." Jon replied. "There's never been a bastard with the title of a Prince."

"What about Joffrey?" Obi Wan asked. "I seem to recall, Robb here telling us that he's a bastard."

"That's different, he's a King." Jon answered.

"So am I." Robb interrupted. "Which is why after this war is done, my first act will be to legitimize you as a Stark."

That got Jon's attention. He stopped walking and looked at Robb with a shocked look.

"You must be joking." Sam commented as he smiled at Jon.

Robb shook his head. "This isn't a joke, Sam Tarly. Jon is as much my fathers son as much as I, Bran, and Rickon." He replied.

Jon didn't know how to respond to this. Ever since he was a boy, Jon wanted to be called, Jon Stark. But he could never be. He was just the Bastard. Catelyn despised him, and he was a misfit, like Arya and Theon. "What about the Lords and Ladies of Westeros?" He asked.

"They're not your brother. And they're not the King." Robb answered. "I am."

"And the Night's Watch?" Jon asked.

"Let's get to that when we get to that." Robb suggested. "Right now, we have a real bastard to kill and a Droid Army to destroy."

"So I take it the plan is still King's Landing?" Sam asked.

"Yes." Robb answered. "I've put Lord Bolton in charge of Harrenhal so our forces can march South. But Tywin Lannister will no doubt continue to press his attacks against us. The fighting is only going to get more difficult." He explained.

"It always does in any war ever fought." Sam replied.

"Not like this one. This one we have Jedi, Clones, Droids, and Star fighters along in the mix." Robb commented.

"And with Anakin and the 501st in Essos, it's going to be even more difficult for us." Jon added.

"That may be true, but I've battled in far worse situations then this. And won many of those conflicts." Obi Wan informed. "The best we can do now, is do what we must to win. And trust in the force."

Sam nodded, but Ygritte shrugged. "Yeah, I'm not really a believer in the force, it's not as good as a blaster." She replied.

"So uncivilized." Obi Wan said to Robb.

"Well Ygritte is a Wildling." Robb replied.

"Not Ygritte, the blaster. They're so clumsy and random." Obi Wan clarified.

Robb smiled at that. But a part of him probably would find those moments rare when he took the Iron Throne. Jon could tell that was on his mind.

"Robb, you know that if you take the Iron Throne. There's no going back." Jon reminded.

"I know." Robb answered. He turned to Jon. "But if I don't do this, then the Lannisters will find another puppet to put on the throne. Father didn't ask to be Hand of the King. King Robert asked him to be his hand. Father did it because he thought it was the right thing to do. So I will do what I think is right as well." He explained.