15

Introducing : Emily Procter | Ayla Black

Esbeth sat at the side of the cold silk bed, her knees Ron her chin, staring at the moon, which was slowly turning into sun, at 4:39 am

"Esbeth?" She heard a soft female voice say as the door of the guest room creamed open, late in the unforgiving night that Esbeth could not sleep through.

Esbeth was not in any mood to be scolded, so whoever was at the door was going to be treated with respect.

"Ma'am." She said, still looking out the door.

"Just call me Narcissa, Esbeth." She said, coming to the bed. Esbeth immediately let down her knees, and stood up abruptly, hugging the woman she had known for so long.

"Aunt Cissy." She said sweetly, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"My dear, I'm so sorry I haven't written." She said, hugging her back, just as sweetly.

"Ayla! Putting her into the hands of muggles is dangerous, and punitive! What about when she gets her hogwarts letter?" I said to my Sister, Ayla who had just had a baby, and was ready to give it to two muggles, Oliver and Patricia Carny.

"I say let her go. Babies are annoying anyways." Bellatrix said as she looked down at the baby in Ayla's arms, in the blank room in St. Mungos. 

"Cissy, I love you so much, but this won't work. You think James is ready to be a father? Merlins beard, he's barely graduated, and with lily! I'm decent. She's going away." Ayla said as she handed the baby too me.

We will meet again, Little Esbeth.

"Why haven't we spoken yet." Esbeth said, parting from her aunt, and wiping her tears off her face.

"Lucius and the others just went to bed 20 Minutes ago. We have your owl ready. And don't you lie and deny it- Severus has told me. A little hint, my dear, neither of us belong here." Narcissa said with a chuckle before exiting the room, telling her niece that she was safe to leave the room.

She followed her aunt down the stairs, and a black fluffy owl was sitting on the edge of one of the dining chairs, grooming its underarm. Snape was sitting at the seat where Esbeth was just earlier this night, and was holding a quill, envelope, ink, and a piece of parchment.

"Pick a seat dear." Narcissa said, her hand on esbeth's back.

She chose the seat where the owl was, and let it, earning an eye roll from Severus, who slid the supplies to her.

She pulled the candle that had previously been in the middle of the table to where she was writing, and started her letter.

Dear George,

Malfoy manor. I've been marked. I miss everyone. Please write back. I need to get out of here.

Love, Esbeth

She kept her note short, and could feel the birds head nuzzle into her neck,

Snape immediately took the letter from her, and put it in the owls beak, letting Esbeth pet it a few times before sending it off to the burrow.

"Esbeth, please do try to get sleep. You need to be up at 6:00, we're going to get you out but until then, you have to act like you want to be here? Clear?" Narcissa said before she led Esbeth back to her room.

Esbeth knew she wouldn't fall back asleep, so as soon as she got into her room, she asked narcissa for clothing, something nice to wear.

Narcissa went into he room and came back, with a dark green velvet button down dress, and a black lace corset.

Esbeth was finally alone again, and put on the tight, fancy clothing, lacing up the back on the corset, making it a task to breathe.

Obviously there wasn't much at all available, so her hair, she combed through just with her fingers, trying to make it look less greasy.

She sat, her hands intertwined on her lap at the side of the bed, practicing posture, for she was not a fancy person, and had never ever needed to appear elegant. Finally, the clock turned to 6:00, and she stood up, making her way out the door.

-

"We need to find out where they took 'er." Fleur said, slamming her hand into the table, causing the cups and plates to shake.

"Fleur, calm down. She's a smart girl, she'll find a way to communicate." Molly said as she held her arms out.

Ginny came into her mothers arms, and hugged her, still crying from the shock of what had happened to her best friend.

George was sitting at the table, his head in his hands, trying his hardest not to cry at the thought of what could be happening to Esbeth.

"What's that? That's not Errol." Ron said as he looked out the window, a poise owl making its way to the burrow.

"I told you." Molly said as Ginny let go of her, and walked outside. A black owl landed on the window sill, and Molly took a letter from its beak.

"George, it's for you." She said as she ran over to George, shaking.

He quickly ripped the letter open, and asked for privacy while reading it before he shared it with family, and pulled out the parchment.

Dear George,

Malfoy manor. I've been marked. I miss everyone. Please write back. I need to get out of here.

Love, Esbeth

George dropped the letter onto the floor, before covering his mouth, and leaning back in the chair, feeling tears start to well up in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Molly asked, as everyone turned to George waiting for an answer.

"She's been marked."