26

(Unedited)

Winter-Rose POV 

After Damien made the announcement everyone was happy for the run and I didn't even get a chance to decline. Here I am standing in front of a mirror looking at the outfit Bean chose for me.

It's customary for the female leader to walk in her human form for a mile while the other wolves follow her

It's customary for the female leader to walk in her human form for a mile while the other wolves follow her. If she can walk the mile without anything happening to her then the wolves have protected her and she will be allowed to lead them in her Wolf form. 

If something were to happen to her then the wolves aren't worthy of running alongside her. It was one of the rare traditions that both kingdoms have in common. The girl will be blindfolded the entire time and can only use the wolves as her guide.

His natural smell reaches my nose and makes me stand up straighter. I don't know what happened to him but that's not the same man as before. His scent changed, it became sweeter to Thorne and I, she refused to admit it, too embarrassed about what occurred with Sebastian.

"You look beautiful Angel," before I could answer his arm circle around my stomach pulling me back against him. The clothes stop our body from touching but I feel the sparks tenfold, the last time we touched I didn't feel a thing. I press down on my bottom lip to stop the moan from escaping, only the touch of his hand on my stomach makes me want to submit. 

I don't answer him, too scared to use my voice. He pulls my back flat against his front, his breath fans over my turtle neck. Even though the shirt wasn't thin I feel like I was almost bare to him just from the slight contact we held. 

"When I talk to you in the future Angel I expect an answer, I love hearing your sweet voice. It does things to me baby," my legs give out from under me as soon as his lips peck the shell of my ear. If it wasn't for him holding me up I would come crashing to the ground. 

"I love that you're like this with me and only me, he never got the satisfaction to see you like this. Such a powerful woman like yourself like this for a man who isn't worth your love. Give me the chance and you'll be more than a queen,"  

"Why should we?" Storm answers for us. 

"That's the thing you should not, we'll talk later after everything has calmed down," he let's go of me and it's like my body can finally work. "I'll see you later angel," I don't answer, just look away from him. 

"He's dangerous," Thorne mutters with a dreamy look on her face. 

"He is," 

"He's different," she continues.

"Agreed," 

"He can have me anyway he wants,"