14| Disappear

real quick, there is a lot of jumping around in this chapter 

so i put markings to show when a setting/place changes

okay, now enjoy!

--

Bakugo Residence / 6:00 p.m

"So he's back. How's that going?"

"I don't want to talk about it." 

The atmosphere in the room was thick. Neither mother or son knew what to say, though the occasional object being dropped in the kitchen was a subtle reminder of the visitor in the Bakugo's humble abode.

"Well, he seems..." Mitsuki tapped her finger against her thigh. Her lips were pressed in a thin line as she hesitated with her response.

Katsuki sighed. "I know, he's different." A loud bang followed his sentence, turning the two blondes' heads in the direction of the kitchen across from the living room where they sat. They could both see a sheepish looking Kirishima, metal arm wrapped around his neck and Katsuki's father holding a dented pan.

"My bad. Dropped it by accident." Kirishima laughed, his eyes darting anywhere but at the two Bakugo's. He knew how heated Katsuki could get, but he didn't even want to imagine how his mom was. Especially with all the warnings Katsuki had given him on the way there and as they stood at the front door.

Mitsuki smiled warmly instead. "That's alright sweetie. I'm sure getting used to that new arm is difficult, besides that pan was old." Bakugo frowned. The pan was brand new.

"Oh, no please I'm really sorry. This is actually the first time I ever remember trying to cook, or well if I ever did at all, so maybe it's best if I just sit back and let Mr. Bakugo take control." Kirishima blurted out. 

"Don't be ridiculous! Here, Katsuki will help you. Won't you?" Mitsuki said as she turned and gave Katsuki a 'you better do it' glare.

Katsuki sighed. "It's not like your asking." He mumbled as he got off the couch. Mitsuki smiled innocently as she followed after her son. She then slipped an arm around her husband, gave a sly wink Katsuki's way and dragged Mr. Bakugo out of the kitchen.

Katsuki rolled his eyes as he turned to face Kirishima who smiled nervously at his blonde friend. The two stood there in silence, and with the parents chatting in the living room it was a bit stressful on what to do next.

Kirishima cleared his throat. "So, what do you want me to do?"

Katsuki glanced around the kitchen, spying ingredients all over the place and pots in places he didn't even know a pot could be. The kitchen was a mess.

"Um, just grab that bowl and wash the vegetables. I'll handle the rest." Katsuki said, trying not to pressure his friend. Kirishima nodded and grabbed the bag of celery and the bowl with holes in it that Katsuki had pointed to. He turned on the sink only to come to the realization that he didn't know how to wash vegetables.

He turned to look at Katsuki who was already giving him a raised eyebrow. Kirishima twitched an innocent smile on his face.

"I sorta-"

"It's okay. I'll help." Katsuki replied. He walked over and grabbed one of the green plants, putting it under the stream of water as he showed Kirishima how to wash it. Kirishima watched silently, only making a comment here or there on why they needed to be washed or just asking if he was doing something right. Soon enough the smell of kimpira cooking filled the house, the two teenagers passing comments back and forth at each other, but mostly joking insults that would make Kirishima wheeze every five minutes.