ocean waves - NSFW

adoras POV

we finally got off the plane and went to the hotel we were staying at.

"wowww! we're really in japan adora!" glimmer says hugging my arm

"this is so exciting, best friend squad trip" bow says while his voice cracks, the both of them went away looking around.

All of us were waiting in the lobby for our rooms, I sat in the seating area as I felt lethargic due to the ride.

"hey adora" says a familiar voice

"catra? what's wrong"

"I have something to do, so tell the group I'll be back later"

"what? where are you going?" I say as I grew suspicious

"a job, just stay out of my business" she runs off outside immediately

for some reason I felt anxious and why was she so serious and rude about it? I ignored the feeling and continued to wait until I finally got the key card to our rooms.

"so what are you wearing?" mermista asks as she was my roommate along with catra but she left.

"to the party? uh just a red dress I had bought a few days ago"

we had been invited to a party by one of scorpias and catras friend named frosta. She was somewhat well known in this part of tokyo.

I wondered how catra always seemed to know and have connections with  people out of college.

I honestly feel as if I know nothing about her, like I find out one thing it just seems to lead to even more questions.

catra who are you really?

are you really yourself around us? around me?

"you okay adora?" mermista asks actually sounding concerned

"yeah... uh anyways catra said she had a job to do"

"what? so she left?! but we just got here" mermista asks even more concerned

"yeah..." I replied leaving the conversation at that

"well we have the room to ourselves" mermista says looking out the window for a bit before turning back at me

"right, its fun with just us too, I'll be taking a shower now" I say and go into the bathroom.

After twenty minutes pass I hear a knock on the door.

"adora, can you like... get out already!"  I hear mermista say

"I'll be out in 5 minutes..., it wasn't even that long of a shower"

I dry myself off and put on my underwear before heading out.

"finally adora-" mermista opens her eyes and looks up at me, her eyes widen.

"is something wrong?" I say curious and concerned

"yes there is! you're in your underwear!" she says while using the towel to cover her face

"what's wrong with that? we're both girls"

yeah that's right. It's fine. I was reminded of the time catra walked in on me in my underwear... that was only because she was a stranger!

mermistas my friend so it isn't like before.

"I know we are but.... if it's you..." she shyly perks her head up

I've never seen her like this, she's usually sarcastic most of the time and out of it.

I was stunned by the new emotion she was displaying.