the fall

catras POV

Today was the day of adoras big game. I hadn't seen her much because she spent most of her time training.

I usually would go out with scorpia, mermista and perfuma, a new friend that scorpia introduced us to.

I needed to call up my boss and tell
him I can't come.

ring ring

"catra? It's not like you to call me, what happened?" his voice sounded a bit annoyed.

"I can't come in to work today hordack, I have school stuff to attend"

"huh?! what do you mean, we just got a new shipment of weapons from entrapta though! I had another job for you too" he angrily said

"I know I know, but it's important"

"ok but you're working overtime then" and as he finished his last word he immediately cut the phone. I sigh knowing I'll be hearing an earful when I go back.

I am only going to adoras game to make sure she's okay, that's all.

It's not like I want to be there.

texting
scorpia<3
hey wildcat, wanna come over? me and mermista are watching a movie. I called over perfuma too.

catcat
I can't, I'm busy with school work

scorpia<3
since when did you care about school? just come

catcat
I can't, I'll explain later

I left it at that and turned off my phone. I hadn't told anyone I was going, I don't know why. I just wanted to be alone.

her game was at a big stadium near the city, I wanted to get there early. I hop on my motorcycle and head over.

there were a ton of people here! even though the game doesn't start for another hour people had already lined up, well maybe this was normal. It was my first time attending a game after all.

they were versing bright moon college, I had heard about how good they were.

I knew adora was better though and I would bet my life on it, why was I so confident? gut feeling perhaps.

I went in, gave in my ticket and sat down. I had front row seats on adoras teams side. I was feeling somewhat nervous as the stadium started to fill up, why are there so many people?!

the speakers start to introduce the teams.

"thank you all for coming! for our first team we have etheria college with adora alias as the captain"

the team starts to walk out, my eyes lock in with adora, her expression was serious than ever. the crowd went crazy, I had never seen a crowd like this before.

"andddd for our second team we have bright moon college" the opposing side cheers as loud too.

the game starts as the whistle is blown.

I watch adora as her legs swiftly move and dribble the ball, she was good, I didn't know a thing about football but I could deduce that.

the game went on but my eyes never left adora, in fact I couldn't. It was a close game too.

the two opposing teams needed one more goal to win. my heart starts to race, I was on the edge of my seat, I had never had any interest in sports except for martial arts yet here I was eyes completely glued and stuck on the sight in front of me.