alone together & ice tea

adoras POV

AHHH! I can't believe that just happened right now. she caught me in my underwear, i was so embarrassed I hid inside my closet. I'm never facing the world again. I'm gonna go to disappear into the abyss of space and never return.

I remember her eyes staring intensely, traveling from the top of my body to my legs and she wasn't even trying to hide she was staring!

I usually wouldn't have overreacted like that but having that happen knowing both have kissed... it's just too weird.  I heard her enter her room, why did I have to be roommates with her?

I get into comfy clothes and get to bed. maybe I'll feel better when I wake up.

———————-

I woke up to the sounds of what sounded like chatter and laughter.

*yawwwnnn*

I check the time. 11:45pm.

I was hungry, really hungry and I overslept so I didn't get to have dinner.

I head out of my room.

again, those same blue and yellow eyes glanced over to me. she was on the couch watching TV, we stare at was other for a few seconds still processing each other's existence.

"shouldn't you be apologising to me right now?" I say

"for what?" she turns her head away

i swear to god-

"for barging in like that!"

"I didn't barge in, must I remind you this is my dorm room too" she says

"you- you have your apartment! why aren't you there anyways?" I was definitely curious, she told me she didn't need to use the dorm

"because I found it easier, that's all. and I'm on break for my jobs so I can hang around here, shouldn't you be asleep"

"I'm hungry"

she doesn't say anything for a few seconds and then turns her head to me.

"I haven't eaten either... wanna head to the convenience store?" her tone had changed.

"yes! wait let me get a jacket first" I head over to my room and I see the jacket she had given me on the day we went out. I grab it as it was the first one I saw.

I leave the dorm and walk over to catra who was waiting outside.

"uh you kept the jacket I gave you?"

"uh yeah! I'll give it back after this though, it's just warm and it happened to be the first jacket I saw so..-"

"oh I see" she scratches the back of her head and looks away.

the atmosphere had turned a bit awkward.

"let's hurry and go, I'm so hungry" i say while quickly walking off.

"wait for me blondie!"

we walk over to the local convenience store. quite a bit of people were still out, it felt like the first time we went out.

catra picks up a basket.

"what do you want kitten?" I say

"uh kitten? that's a bit lewd isn't it? but if that's what you're into then sure, go ahead" she says holding up both of her hands

"I- I just let it slip..." she definitely reminded me of a cat though, I playfully punch her arm

"I want ramen though!"

we walked around grabbing whatever we wanted and messed around a bit.

"hey hey we should grab some dog food for you too hahaha!" she says

"very funny catra" I roll my eyes at her

even though it was just a trip the convenience store, I had a lot of fun.

we came out after we purchased everything.

"want a drink?" she asks

"sure"

she heads over the vending machine, it was the same model as the one she pushed me up against when we met.

I was flustered yet again.

"here, catch" she throws a can of ice tea over to me.

we sit down at a bench near, I felt awake though it was probably the big nap I had.

"soo.. what are you doing for summer break?" she asks interrupting the silence

"probably a trip with bow and glimmer, you?" i say taking a sip of the drink

"mmm maybe same but with scorpia and mermista and stuff"

"good, I don't have to see you"

"the feeling is mutual princess" she says with a cigarette between her mouth. I hate smoking but when I was with her it didn't seem to matter to me.

the silence came back again. I thought about how I should ask her about the kiss, but what if she forgot?! imagine how awkward that would be. she would probably think I'm having weird thoughts about her that are so intense I thought they were real!

but......

I want to know the truth.

"hey catra?"

"hey adora?"

"on the night we went out..... did we perhaps kiss?... I could be wrong but!-"

she sighs.

"you remember too huh?" she replies back with while exhaling the smoke.

"you remember?" I asked

"I do, I didn't want to say anything though because-"

"look!- I never kissed a girl before and... i don't really know how to feel about it"

"did you dislike it?" she asked lazily turning her head over

how could she ask that while remaining eye contact like that!

"I didn't....."

"that's good to know then, just forget it happened"

I knew I couldn't forget now that I remembered. but I had too. whatever happened was a mistake at least she thought so, catra would never like me like that and I wouldn't eith- well I don't know! we were too different, our lives were going into different directions. I barely knew anything about her. just two strangers who happened to end up together randomly at times.

but even so I didn't know anything, the familiar feeling she gave off and feeling of security couldn't be ignored.

I enjoyed someone who didn't care where I stood in society, who made fun of me without thinking about what I thought about them.

when we were together it felt like everyone had disappeared. that we could do meaningless stuff together and mess around until the end of time. I wouldn't even mind if I could spend the rest of my days sitting here with her drinking ice tea.

"mm we're friends after all so it's okay!" I say smiling

"come on, let's go back and eat" she extends her hand, a view I had seen from time to time again.

I grab her warm hand and stand up. i wanted to protect this view, her soft smile, the way she gently grabbed my hand and the only way to do that is to forget. I don't want to think about these feelings because right now, being with her in the moment

felt the most comfortable.