『 C H A P T E R 20 : HORSES 』

The beginning of a new trust

- - -

"So as we have discussed, the recruits will mainly be here, here and here... We'll have few officers to lead and watch each small group and ensure they won't be the titan's food," Erwin spoke as he slightly raised his voice trying to par with the noises from the outside.

It was 6 in the evening, but the outside was darker than usual due to the rain and storm. It has become a normal occurrence for the rain to suddenly pour this few days. They hoped it will end soon so it won't disturb their next expedition.

Erwin's finger tapped few times on few locations on the map as he went through the plan again, the plan to 'lure the enemy out during the 57th expedition', known by few selected squad leaders and soldiers that he truly trust. It has been tiring weeks, with preparation and all, and most of them hardly had any enough rest in addition to their piling works. But duties are duties and these are what they're signing for ever since taking the positions so no one's complaining.

Erwin stopped for a second as he turned to face a too concentrating blonde, whom currently had her fingers in front of her mouth with a pen in between.

"When we reach the Forest of Giant Trees, those not involve with the plan will be stationed on the boarders of the forest, and stop any titans that attempt to enter. Nanaba, you will take lead on Mike's squad and guiding the cadets. Mike will be busy with the other plan."

"Understood, Erwin." Nanaba nodded and scribbled something on her notes.

Erwin turned to face the brunette that in contrast to the blonde earlier currently was distracted and kept yawning several times. Her assistant sitting next to her has been keeping her awake throughout the entire meeting.

"Hange, how's the preparation to restrain the enemy? Has the weapons ready and enough for this mission?"

That was enough to shake her from her drowsy state. Hange explained throughly regarding her plans and preparations, satisfying everyone on the table.

The blonde commander next turned to other person.

"Pierre, I believe the logistic unit doesn't have trouble with the supplies' preparation? We can't confirm with the number of enemies we will encounter. Please make sure we have enough food and water, ODM gears, weapons and medicines for our soldiers."

The called man nodded and reported on his squad's preparations, putting the commander at ease.

"Levi, your team will be at the center, as we had discussed. Do you find any problems with it? You will be on standby so I hope nothing goes wrong till the plan enacted."

Erwin continue asking each of the squad leaders and captains on the table. 

"Mike, if you found your squad members unable for the role, please let me know immediately to find replacement."

Not a single person was left behind because he really wanted everyone to prepare throughly and focused on this mission. 

"I don't think I need to mention this, but to serve as a reminder, the only one knows about this plan are those that inside this room; the commander, 5 squad leaders, 4 squad vice captains, 1 squad captain and the squads' respective trusting members. Leaking of any of today's discussion is prohibited and will cause disciplinary action to the offender. Please take this matter seriously."