『 C H A P T E R 18 : ARMIN ARLET 』

Blonde, blue eyes and cute smile... A boy that one day will see everything..

- - -

Year 841/ Ireen's age: 7; Armin's age: 6
When the two met for the first time...

"Here you go, Missy", few coins dropped and dinged onto Ireen's opened palm. She brought the hand to her face, vaguely counting on the amount before glaring up.

"They are less than what they supposed to be."

"No, they are what they are." The old man that involved with the trade scoffed, looking down.

"It was supposed to be 10 coins. You only give me 8. Pay up.." Ireen wasn't backing off as she demanded of what she's right for.

"Listen, miss, your veggies are not that sought after here. That is the only amount I can pay. Now move along I'm busy..." Again, the old man spoke and turned to tend the coming customers.

Irritated, Ireen clenched the coins tightly, and about to retaliate when a smaller brunette came forward. She snatched few handful of the veggies and stuffed them back to their basket ignoring the stall owner's shout.

"Brat, what are you doing?!!"

"Taking what are ours.. If you not gonna pay more then we will give based on what you pay." She nonchalantly replied.

"Wait, hold on! I'll p--"

"Let's go, Ireen-nee. We are done here." Swiftly the brunette took Ireen's hand and moved away from the stall.

The old man couldn't chase after them as customers started to call for his service to pack and give then the veggies, and as quick as light and small as a mouse the two disappeared between the busy streets.

"Sena, what was that for?" Ireen pulled back her hand, halting their steps.

"What? He clearly doesn't want to pay more we should just go."

"That's not how business works. We can still talk to him."

"What's the point, Ireen-nee? Why wasting time on people like him?"

"Because we need the money, Sena! That is our potential seller if he lose interest in our veggies you might as well learn to spell doom now."

"You are just too lenient with those stingy bastard."

"Sena, language!" Ireen scolded. "And on the matter of that topic, it isn't being lenient, it is being adaptable to put up with their nonsensical whims."

"Tch, whatever."

Ireen sighed upon seeing her sister rolling her eyes on her.

"Now what should we do with this?" Ireen brought the basket upon her face to inspect the remaining. Wasn't that much, so it doesn't really feel like a waste.

"We can try sell it personally.." Sena suggested.

"Forget about it. The town is practically filled with merchants and sellers that the villagers have known well. Kids like us starting to sell won't be seen much."

Ireen shrugged. "I'll take it to Jaeger's family. That'll be more worthy."

"Why?" Sena cocked an eyebrow questioning her sister.

"I don't know. But Eren's mom always give us something in return so I don't think it's bad. We perhaps can have something different today. Do you want to come along?"