『 C H A P T E R 17 : IT WASN'T MY INTENTION 』

"Why are you looking at me with those eyes? I'm not humanity's enemy...."

- - -

"So, care to explain?"

The deep irritated voice penetrated Ireen's ears as she looked up from staring the cravat in her hands to the penetrating eyes that currently waiting for her answer.

Her green orbs fleeted around starting from Hange, at the most right that stood casually with a hand on her hip, to Levi who stood next to her with hands crossing in front of his chest wearing scowling look and then to Erwin who sat on his chair behind the desk before her giving his full undivided attention. She didn't ignore the presence of another man that currently busy sniffing her at the back of her neck. Eventhough she was a bit uncomfortable, but seeing how the three let it happen told her that this is a casual occurrence and that is nothing to worry about.

Ireen exhaled while loosening her hold onto the fabric. "I didn't went into your office, sir. I don't know what had happened to your office but this cravat along with the cleaning spray that I threw to you earlier was given to me by Squad Leader Hange." She said as her gaze fixed onto the culprit.

Hange laughed when she felt Levi's glare. She fixed her stance slightly just in case the said man suddenly jump on her and attack.

"You got me into a hell of mess, shitty four-eyes," Levi seethed in anger.

"But I gave you a good exercise in the morning, didn't I? You haven't been training much since you become a captain. You could lose your strength." Hange snarkily remarked, pushing Levi's button to the limit.

"I'm pretty much sure I can break 206 of your bones in a minute."

"But that's all of my bones!"

"Exactly."

"Why are you being grumpy?? This is all a good test to test your strength! You know, all the cadets you have been chasing so far got caught easily within 5 minutes of running. And here, look, Ireen! You can't even catch her till the end!" Hange beamed as she opened her arms and directed them to the red-haired, as if she was some sort of a star at the moment. "Isn't that fun? To know you got some good challenge there?"

"It wasn't fun for me at all", Ireen mumbled as she dead panned. Mike had left her as he walked to Erwin's right side and leaned against the table, done with his sniffing ritual.

"Hah! That's the spirit, cadet! After all an exercise a day keep the doctor away!"

"Guns can do that too.." Ireen retorted in a most bored tone, poker look.

Her answer picked Mike's interest, as he rose an eyebrow while Levi narrowed his. Even Erwin's eyes widened in surprise. Everyone went silent.

"B-but this is a nicer way of fending off doctors, Ireen. Chill up." Hange swatted away the glint of nervous after hearing her saying that. It wasn't helping when a twinkle came into her green eyes.

"Why need a gun when you have the blades?" Out of blue, Levi spoke, diverted the teen's attention to him.

"Blade can cause blood to spray and dirty my clothes. That will be the evidence for my crime. But gun won't and it will be much easier to shoot from distance than slash from close up."

"But gun left powder traces. I can smell it and I know you did something." Mike then interjected.

Ireen's gaze now changed to the older blonde male and she smiled softly, twinkles in her eyes, again.

"But you are my squad leader, won't you protect me from getting caught?" She purposely closed both of her eyes as she said that and put up a wider smile, faking innocence that the four adults in the room can definitely tell.