『 C H A P T E R 16 : BAD DAY 』

"It couldn't get any worse, right?"

- - -

30 rounds of laps around the training ground, cleaning two communal female's bathrooms and cleaning Captain Levi horse's stall, heh.... Nothing that Ireen can't do. In fact, being a smart living being she is, Ireen had her run around the smallest training ground, since Levi never mentioned which part of the ground she supposed to cover so she had all power to pick one herself. And the one she picked, was the training ground where hand-to-hand combat always been held, which was located at the west side of the HQ, directly behind the commander's office.

But even so she needs roughly an hour and 20 minutes to complete her rounds. That can't be good. She still need to complete the other two punishments, meet Erwin-san as promised, and informed Squad Leader Ness beforehand by 8.30.

That means Ireen was left with sprinting.

So she did as what the only choice of hers left, sprint all the way to the imaginary finishing line, clad in her tight white shirt and pants due to the surging sweats. She panted heavily, berating on the captain midget in between breaths.

By the time she completed the rounds, she spared 20 minutes from her actual estimation, with the price of numbing body and jelly-like legs.  

By now normal people will usually stumble on the dirty ground to take a break, and sucking in all the air to fill their empty lungs. But Ireen isn't normal by all means. It didn't come into her accounts the need to sit and relax. Instead, she wobblily walked to the stable where those in charged of cleaning probably finishing.

.
.
.

Ireen greeted Reiner at the stable, who patiently waited for her, before clutching the pitchfork in his grasp and headed straight to Levi's horse. She didn't speak, nor making an effort to pet the creature. All she did was staring, exchanging look with the stallion before opening the half-door stall and start on her job.

Reiner swore Ireen probably had a telepathy conversation with the horse to tame the beast.

Once the stallion tied to one of the pole and she had the wheelbarrow ready - courtesy to Reiner -, she started digging the soil bedding and tossed them into the wheelbarrow. Reiner was kind enough to help her around and she managed to speed up the work to get it done in 10 minutes. After parting ways with Reiner and told the buff guy to have his breakfast, the last thing left for her was cleaning the bathrooms.

Sighing, Ireen knew damn well she won't get the chance to eat breakfast at all, given that now already 7.45 am, a 15 minutes away from the breakfast hour to end. Though she was going to be hungry for the rest of the morning until lunch is serve, at least by this time, all soldiers have awake and done with their bathing business, so she will have all the stalls to herself to clean. It'll probably won't take too long.

Oh boy she spoke too soon. She has no idea what's awaiting behind the closed stalls. 

- - -

Fingers twiddled around the first two buttons, boots clacking lightly on the floor and hair slightly damping wet fresh from the shower, Ireen arranged her steps heading to where her classmates currently waiting. She believed that squad leader Ness probably on his way to meet them, so she quickened her steps so she could talk to him first regarding her meeting with the commander.

"Damnit captain midget, shorty, meany-smallest-humanity.... Thanks to you I skipped my breakfast and now I'm damn hungry", Ireen's mouth won't stop mumbling as she cursed. She caressed and smoothened the brown uniform she wore, fixing around the collar before bringing her fingers around her waist, where the straps around were tightened up to adhere to her comforts.