『 C H A P T E R 13 : WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE 』

One step forward to the death... 

- - -

People said there's a sense of peace upon first waking up in the early morning hours. The Earth is a beautiful place to behold, and sunrise is a phenomena one should take the time to experience and appreciate the beauty, let it be rising with the sun or before it. And those that had experience it agreed that no two sunrises are the same.

To Ireen, it doesn't matter. Sunrise simply means the arrival of a new day, where the usual military training awaiting her, with the same faces that will joke and laugh around together, and another day to be grateful for still able to live. It doesn't matter if there is no two sunrises that are the same, or the breathtaking phenomena is simply stunning, because as much as beautiful the world is, like Mikasa had said, it is still a cruel world, and if one get caught with the half-true world and got lost too deep in their fantasy, then they are as much as a dead meat in no time. 

So waking up early to enjoy the sunrise is out of Ireen's dictionary.

Also, she agreed that she wasn't paid enough to be an early riser. Her profession alone cost more than what her life's worth for and if the risk of dying on the next day is greater than the chance of her growing taller by another inch than she would like to have more hours on bed than anything. And she knew what Armin will say whenever she complains that. "Each sunrise is the birth of a new day". 

Yeah... A new day to Hell... But she knew better than to voice that out because them four had at least experienced a Hell once, and saying it will only trigger some dark memories.

Especially Eren.

He will start chanting his routine ritual of killing titans, and annoyed the horse-face to the core of a fight to break and Mikasa butt in by calming Eren with more touching than necessary causing jealousy to horse-face and fight broke twice again and Sasha to take the chance to steal more potatoes from either them cadets, or the kitchen. Bad thing is, everyone will be punished in regard who's the culprit/s. Everyone is inexcusable.

But that was story of years ago, when they all were still in military training and were snotty brats that whined every time their muscles strained.

Now is different.

With all the recent fiasco where titans broke in into Trost and Eren was a newfound titan-human and poor citizens crowding in underground waiting for food from the government, the 104th graduates were put on hold from any involvement and to get enough rest before back to service; before the evening assembly take place tonight and get their asses to another harsh and cold reality. 

That say, Ireen had only today to sleep past midday, and that was what exactly she planned to do. But the Heaven decided to turn against her, when the door to her dorm shared with the rest of 104th trainee females got knocked and opened harshly by an officer.

"Gather at the main hall in thirty minutes! Put on along your uniform and complete gear! Don't be late!"; was what jolted her awake. She greeted the officer with a leg hanging in the air and half-body laying on the floor with blanket tossed away. A masterpiece indeed. Or should they say, a 'mastershit'.

She had fell off the bad.

"Fuck." Was her first word in that morning.

- - -

"He clears off! You can leave. Next!" Shouted the officer with a pen and a notepad in hand, taking down the information. The soldier heaved a sigh of relief, though he was indeed innocent. Sasha took a step forward for it was her turn now.