『 C H A P T E R 15: POTATO 』

【 "Ohh I'm gonna hunt you down...."

- - -

"Oii! That's dirty, potato woman! Stop stealing my prey!"

Jean's loud and angry voice boomed within the forest drowning those multiple zipping and slashing sounds around them. The tense look on his face conveyed how dissatisfied he was at Sasha who stole his target at the last minute. The said female zipping around a tree facing him with her grinning-ever-widely face.

"Don't be an idiot, Jean! There's no name written on the dummy titans to clarify which is who's!" Sasha screamed from a far.

A low growl escaped the lips of the two-toned hair boy, as he redirected to a new direction to continue their training. He flew past Connie as he rounded another area, spotting a dummy titan that just been pulled up and immediately descended to deliver a cut before anyone else could.

He smirked at his success when he took noticed Ireen flew passed above his head going further into the forest with Mikasa in tow. 

Connie had set his eyes on the same dummy that Jean had dealt with. "I got this one!! Yearghhhh!!" And he sliced down at the cushioned nape, marking the second slice to the nape next to Jean's before Sasha could take the spot once again. The two parts of sliced cushion fell on the ground making a soft thud as Jean watched them, before turning away and looked for another dummy. 

The recruits were currently working on their aim in taking down titans. Since the last event probably messed up their minds and scared them most out of their pants, Squad Leader Ness thought it was a good idea to let them fight dummy titans and bring back the memories of handling one. So the 11 recruits were divided into two groups; Armin, Ymir, Ray, Krista, Reiner and Bertholdt in one team and Ireen, Mikasa, Jean, Connie and Sasha as another team. Armin's team was the first to be released into the forest, and they were given half an hour to get it done while the other team waited outside doing some pushups, sit-ups and few short laps.

The team was divided based on strength and skills.

While the first team mainly comprised of the slightly weaker member, they still had Reiner and Bertholdt - and even Ray since the male wasn't hiding his true potential anymore - to aid and help around. Meanwhile the second team was mostly comprised with the talented one, the one that will be more crucial to be evaluated of their full strength. And since they were the last team to go, it'll be more challenging for them to land slash since the dummy titans have endured most slashes and attacks from previous team.

This was necessary so Squad Leader Ness will know where to put each of the recruits on the formation later. The stronger and quick-to-respond will be put slightly towards the escort support squad while the opposite will be nearing to the wagon escort squad.

That's how the plan will be until further noticed.

Squad Leader Ness and his assistant, Simon trailed behind the two females that currently flying away from the other three. Both were maneuvering side to side, with much greater distance before the ravenette took off and bypassed the red-haired.

Three dummies suddenly popped up out of nowhere and Mikasa shifted the direction of her grappler before hooking to one and slashed the nape. She rounded the dummy from below its neck and headed to the other two titans and repeated the same action. The soft thuds from the cushions falling to the ground was heard as she stopped after turning, waiting for Ireen's move.

She wants to watch. No... She has to watch, how Ireen will deal with the three dummies. If she was right, Ireen will perform one of her ultimate slashing technique that no one ever able to learn. The technique can only be used when titans are within 20 meters distance and no one else are around to prevent them from getting into the motion.