『 C H A P T E R 12 : TRYING 』

Singing is a way of escaping. I'm in other world...

"Go Ireennnn!!!  You can do it!"

"Yes, just like that! You're the best!"

"Ahhh a bit more. To the left, to the left, Ireen!!!"

Sun was glowing, wind was breezing and the clouds were drifting in the sky. What was supposed to be a peaceful morning with nothing but chirping birds and singing insects were destroyed upon cheers from those loud and obnoxious cadets.

Sasha, Connie and Jean.

They were the culprits with the most loudest voice at the time. Sitting next to each other in a single vertical line, they were eagerly cheering on their friends.

"My lunch is on the line, Ireen! You have to win!!" Connie shouted, drowning the noises around him.

"Eeehhhh??? With who did you make the bet?" Sasha snapped her head to Connie, whining when she heard him. She had a half eaten bread - stolen again - in her right hand with another half in her mouth.

"With Jean. Just before the match begin." Connie shrugged. Then continued calling out for Ireen's victory. But he received a sudden attack from the side.

"Shut up, you baldy! Mikasa gonna come out as a winner!" Connie coughed when he felt some debris and dirt went into his mouth. He stared dagger at the culprit, Jean who still had a hold of sand in his fist. Connie barely avoided the second attack, which unfortunately had hit Sasha instead and a shriek was pretty much heard as the redhead complained at her now sand-coated bread.

"Stop complaining potato girl. I just made you 'sandwich'." Jean grinned at Sasha's misfortune.

The bicker now turned between them two as Armin, Reiner and Bertholdt watched a feet away from them three. The always stick together duo were sweat dropping listening to their childish banter, while at the same time tuning out what they could guess screams of profanities from another pair at the opposite side of them.

Reiner let out a low sigh.

"It's hard to believe they were so down nights ago after burning our friends' dead bodies with such behavior today." The big guy mumbled, earning a nod from the tallest guy.

"Well, isn't that good? At least they got distracted for a while...." Armin that overheard it muttered in sorry. His blue hues never leave the fight presented in front.

Reiner casted a single glance, took notice of the dark eyebags underneath Armin's eyes, wondering if the boy hasn't been sleeping well recently. He wanted to ask, but maybe he should sit out from this one. So he changed to a new topic.

"Have you decided which regiment to choose?" Reiner watched as the shorter blonde nodded as an answer.

"The Survey Corps, huh? You've really set the goal from the beginning."

"How bout you, Reiner?" Armin asked.

"I don't think my strength will be any use in Military Police." And Reiner shrugged.

"Garrison doesn't sound bad.." Armin tried.

"We will see..."

"Bertholdt?" Armin turned to the tallest guy next.

"I-I will go with Reiner". And as usual, he answered with a sweat rolling down his temple.

"You two are very close, huh?" The innocent blonde gave a closed small smile. And it triggered Reiner to smirk and huff in tease, nudging the male slightly. "Heh... Just like you, Eren and the girls." He winked.