『 C H A P T E R 10 : REQUEST 』

She will come and beg if it's the last thing she has to do to keep you safe...

- - -

"Nee-san, are you mad?" A young girl with brown locks in ponytail pondered quietly. She watched the back of her older sister as she followed her closely, ears perking up to her surrounding.

They'd been in the forest for a while now, looking for wild berries and herbs as per requested by their parents. Each person carried own basket which currently, half-full with the mentioned ingredients.

"Nee-san?" She called again, firmly this time around. Her hand was tugging at her older sister's shirt trying to gain her attention.

Just realized she was called, Ireen turned and blinked, questioning the girl. "What is it, Sena?"

"You were mad...." Sena pointed out, rather than asking.

Ireen brushed it off lightly, "on what should I be mad at?" She flashed a wide smile. Her signature hooded eyelids that she always presented to her sister never change, despite the turmoil emotion she was feeling.

"Nee-san, you hate me, didn't you?" Sena spoke again, eyes narrowing down slightly, starring sharply at her older sister. She released her hold on her sister's shirt as it traveled to her own skirt, grasping it with face contorted into a determination one. What was she determined about, Ireen couldn't tell.  

Ireen once again asked, "what are you talking about?" Yet her soft gaze never left her. Sena didn't respond to her question, making the silence engulfing them both, aside from the chirping birds and the singing insects around them. Seeing the reluctant on her sister's face, Ireen took a step forward, hand reaching for one of hers.

"Let's go back. Mom and dad are wait--"

"You hate me because mom and dad pay more attention to me, didn't you?" Sena suddenly spoke, halting Ireen's movement immediately. Her smile stilled, and her green orbs widened as she was staring at Sena's light brown orbs before they changed back to usual.

Ireen shook her head, letting the smile still plastered on her face as her hand reached out. Her slightly colder hand grabbed her sister's warm one as she pulled her gently to follow. "Nonsense. Why would I hate you?"

"I just gave you the reason."

"And I told you it's nonsense. Don't be stupid."  Ireen sighed.

"I know you hate me, Ireen-nee." Sena slapped away the older's hand, making her feet halted, and turned ever so slightly to face the young. "I saw it. Every time mom and dad praised me, you will look at me with dissatisfied eyes. You gave me a detest look. You don't actually like me, did you?"

"No... You know nothing what I was thinking, Sena. Cut it out. Mom and dad are waiting. Let's go back." She turned to the front once again, proceeded to walk away. Since Sena didn't want to hold hands with her, then it's fine. It's not like she eagerly wanted to.

Ireen heard her sister sneered to her direction, and she knew her sister was yet to finish.

"Why are you running away, Ireen-nee? Are you really that coward? If I was wrong like you'd said, then tell me, why you hate me so much? Why your eyes burnt with jealousy whenever mom praised me to be an amazing? Why your eyes gleam in sadness when dad took me out for personal training?"