『 C H A P T E R 19 : THEIR SECRETS 』

"If I keep yours, will you keep mine?"  】

- - -

Fuck! That could have hit me!

Ireen dashed out the exact moment her eyes saw the coming blade, aiming at her torso. She made a quick flip to the back before pivoting her heels and turned to other direction.

Her impulsive reaction and quick reflexes is what been keeping her safe from getting fatal injury so far, and the ability for her body to cope and sync well whenever her brain screaming danger... She wasn't going down soon.

But that doesn't mean she was free from the red zone.

The rain droplets continue splashing onto her cloak as the storm getting crazier. She got the hood from her cloak pulled forward to block the rain from getting into the eyes. And even in blurry situation she was quick in catching the witty movement of her opponents.

Two of them criss crossed between each other before jumping down, with one of them engaged her directly; blades to blades, while the other one circled around. Ireen pushed the blades away, deflecting the attack when she sensed an approaching enemy from behind, and did back flip before stepping on his back, forcing him to the ground.

The thunder roared loudly as the lighting flashed the opponent's face, making her quivered at the eye contact. Danger, was the only thing ringing in her brain right now.

What the fuck?!

She has lost count on the number of curses that her brain has raked.

She turned hastily. She has no time to reflect on the situation. She has to leave.

Right away.

Ireen heard more of the zipping sound approaching as she shot her grapple to a tree. She let the wire pulled her to the air as she swung in between trees to escape. The heavily pouring rain hitting every part of her body and despite wearing the cloak the water had sipped in and wetted her clothes inside.

She found struggle in breathing and seeing around.

What's going on? Isn't this just a test?! Why are they acting like they really....want to kill me??!

She did a quick turn at the corner but she missed out another person as he suddenly jumped down from above and pushed her to the ground. She fell flat on her face, with one of her blade accidentally detached from it's fitting and flung away.

Mike's boots landed on the ground a second after, exactly in front of her face. He stood tall towering her figure, watching the struggle.

Ireen glared up.

She didn't understand. What's going on?

Another flash of thunder strike as two more of Mike's comrades came down. Ireen fisted her palm, teeth gritted tightly as she eyed the three through her peripheral vision. She tried to stand. But a blade was next to her neck immediately, stopping her.

Her eyes widened visibly. And her heart clenched in ache.

"S-squad leader, why??"

"I told you we have the pass to go all out for the test. And I ordered you to be serious about this. You shouldn't be surprised."

"But I don't get it. This test, almost get me killed..." She stumped at her words as she tried to force herself to crouch on her knees. Her lips were stuttering, and her eyes were shaking. The hostility gaze by him was eating her alive.