『 C H A P T E R 14 : BETTING ON YOU 』

If I ask, 'are you worth of my trust?', what would be your answer? 

- - -

"Why did the tomato blush?"

"Why?"

"Because it saw the salad dressing!! Hahahaha get it? Huh? Huh??" Jean looked expectantly at his friends faces', eyes widened in excitement but the only thing he received was the silence stare from each.

Too quite to feel awkward.

"Oh come on guys! Don't you get it? Tomato blush?? Salad dressing??" Jean still trying, glancing at each faces and they reacted with; Connie cocking his head sideways, Sasha in deep thinking, Mikasa in an uninterested look, Armin with the look of guilt because he was not laughing though he got the joke, Bertholdt and Reiner that stayed silence and the rest that didn't bother to join.

"Seriously?" Jean let out an exasperation gasp, at the same time the cart hit a rock and he tumbling forward lightly before fixing his seating, cursing the road to be uneven.

The new recruits from the 104th Training Corps were currently on their way to the headquarters, a temporary one, which was an abandoned castle-looking headquarters in lieu to Zackley's order to make sure Eren's power was kept in control. Last night immediately after their enlistment into the regiment, they were told that transportation will be provided in the next morning to carry them and all of their stuff to their new place, and they were to get ready by then. As promised, at exactly 7.30 am right after their breakfast, four carts pulled by horses reached their previous dorms, bags and stuffs loaded into and off they went.

Ireen, Mikasa, Armin, Reiner, Bertholdt, Sasha, Connie, Jean and Ray were sharing a cart while the others hogging the other one, and the other two was used to carry all of their stuffs. Luckily, the cart was enough to carry them all along with their heavy bags, or the horses will suffer greatly from the overweight.

"That joke is so lame that if you laid out your jokes and flirts together I still won't choose either one." Ireen sassily spoke after minutes of silence with her hands crossing in front of her chest, giving a sleepy look.

"Hah? It isn't! You guys are just too dumb to get the joke!"

"If it was that then we should be laughing by now, but we didn't. Obviously you failed to deliver a good one."

The neigh of a horse was heard right after Ireen's word.

"See? Even the horse agreed with me." She playfully teased. Perfect timing, horse.

Jean's face looked like he's going to gnaw on someone. And Ireen mentally laughed.

"Jean, what is salad?" Connie turned, sound of rustling clothes was heard from the movement as he looked deeply into the boy, seeking for an answer. Jean's mouth was left opened as he side-eyed the shave-head boy, wanted to grunt when Sasha diverted his attention next with her question.

"Tomato never blush. Why you called it tomato blush then?"

Jean was beyond dumbfounded. And it only fueled his anger more when a snicker came from the red-haired, mocking him. Jean ignored the other two.

"Well I don't see you throwing any jokes or being flirtatious! I bet you can't even do one!" The spat that he threw to Ireen made the woman cocked an eyebrow in interest.

"Ohh, you want me to show you now?" She asked.

"Why not. I bet yours even lame than mine," Jean confidently challenged her and smirked.